BOGOHO Update

orville99

I know there have been numerous threads regarding the BOGOHO sale, so this is just an update on a specific cruise we booked prior to any of the sales (3/8/15 FOS -D2), and where it has gone since.

Initial booking (with an NCC and Diamond discount)): $3549

RCL pops a mini-sale in two weeks later, and we get a "CAT" Discount (still not sure what that was) that drops the price to $3101:)

The first BOGOHO sale hits, and the price drops again - to $2957 :):)

Friday, I went out to check prices (I'm an addict and I check every Friday), and the price has dropped again to $2729:):):)

I almost upgraded to a JS, because Friday's JS price is now less than the price I originally booked the D2 for, but opted to keep the $800+ in price drops instead.

Interesting info.

We have a good number of cruises booked through April 2016. Note that these are all JS category, so that probably is a significant factor in our pricing experience.

We got a price drop on BOGOHO1 on two cruises. BOGOHO2 did not result in any price drops for us.

Interesting info.

We have a good number of cruises booked through April 2016. Note that these are all JS category, so that probably is a significant factor in our pricing experience.

We got a price drop on BOGOHO1 on two cruises. BOGOHO2 did not result in any price drops for us.

Similar for us. This one went down; four are still the same; and two went up in price.

I think I know the answer to this, but were your discounts given automatically? Or did you have to check for a drop and call for an adjustment? I was recently told by a TA that if I book before a WOW sales i wouldn't be eligible for the WOW PERKS.

I think I know the answer to this, but were your discounts given automatically? Or did you have to check for a drop and call for an adjustment? I was recently told by a TA that if I book before a WOW sales i wouldn't be eligible for the WOW PERKS.

No automatic discounts, you must call whoever booked your cruise to request a price drop.

With a WOW sale, you take the perks that give you the best value - which usually is a step backwards from booking without any sale.

So you paid 3500/after bal dis for a d2. That sounds really high if it was just a 7 day. Glad you got discounts

Combination of that being a spring break week/ the only week we could get away/ and an Eastern Caribbean itinerary. We were originally booked for a May cruise, but my schedule changed, so our options were a bit limited. The only other choice was a 7-night Vision western out of Tampa, for about the same price.