Catamaran vs. Motor boat??

zdub86

Looking to book an excursion to stingray city & snorkeling. After reading other threads on here, I started noticing people mentioning taking a catamaran instead of a motor boat. This sounds awesome!! My fiancee and I have never been on a catamaran so this would be a new experience. I just have a couple questions...

Obviously the weather/wind will be a factor, but what are the differences (if any) between a catamaran and a motor boat when it comes to the rocking back and forth? I ask because a lot of rocking constantly will definitely make me sea sick. I'm usually okay on the cruise ship because of the size unless there's a storm out, but I was mainly interested to know if the catamaran helps at all with that. Obviously if the water is rough then it doesn't really matter either way.

Looking at booking with stingray sailing for the catamaran. Thanks for any advice!!

I see you're exploring a bunch of options---part of the fun of planning a cruise!

My husband sometimes gets seasick, but definitely does better on catamarans. My experience has been that most catamarans still use a motor, sometimes with their sails up. Usually not enough wind to just sail. Also, catamarans come in all sizes, but the ones we've gone on have typically been more spacious than the other snorkeling boats. So, we go on them when we can.