Cavetubing & Zipline in Belize

LoveGlasto

During our LoS cruise late October and after reading lots of tripadvisor reviews, we are considering booking a Belize cavetubing and zipline trip independently through cavetubing.bz. This trip scores very highly on tripadvisor and with an October cruise special price is over 60% cheaper than a RCCI organised equivalent excursion.

Our only worry is whether we are at risk of missing the last tender on return to the ship despite the company regularly picking up cruise passengers.

Anyone any experience of using this company?

We did this tour a few years ago. It is quite a ride to the tubing site and back to the port. Once you get there it is a long rocky walk through the woods to the entry point and crossing the river a few times. the tubing was great. We tubed two caves. It was a good time. MAKE sure you have more than water shoes as the terrain you will walk over is a path made up of small rocks. If you do the zip line you will do only one cave and they will transport you to the river.

It depends how long you are at port. Its a good 4-5 hour excursion. I booked through Butt's Up (http://www.cave-tubing.com) and they were fantastic. They'll tell you if you'll have a problem getting back to the ship on time......the last thing they need is a bad review on TripAdvisor. Its a fantastic excursion, I would definitely do it privately. Same tour, but groups are smaller and they take their time, as opposed to the ship excursion which has large groups and tends to rush you through.

We really enjoyed the cave tubing. The hike is long but there were stops along the way. I second the good shoes recommendation. I would also recommend taking extra clothes to change into. As we got into the bus very quickly after getting out of the river, the air conditioning on the bus made it quite chilly. It seemed to me that many/most of the groups left from the same shed at the river so it may all be run through that company. We were on a RCI excursion of approx 20 but saw other smaller groups meeting up at the same area.

That being said, the ride is long and we hit a lot of traffic on the way back. They dropped us at the port and directed us to the ship. We were almost an hour past the last tender time. The ship employees were loading the RCI signage up as we arrived and we were quickly boarded on to the tender along with any employees that were still on shore.

So.. we were fortunate we were on a ship tour as they did wait for us.