Scary luggage situation on Port Everglades return

I disembarked the Allure yesterday, had a FANTASTIC cruise, but got a nasty surprise getting my luggage at the port. This was my first cruise that I didn't walk my own luggage off; i usually prefer to keep my bags with me but I had too many this time to manage on my own. I filled out my luggage tags properly, had my bags out by the deadline, and everything went smoothly. However, when I disembarked and went to claim my luggage, I found 3 of my bags with no problem, but I couldn't locate my big suitcase that the bulk of my clothes were in.

I saw a suitcase I thought looked like mine, but it had someone else's name and tag on it. When I got into panic mode, I took a closer look and was convinced it was my bag. I opened one of the compartments to view the contents, and sure enough, it WAS my bag. My luggage tag had been completely removed and replaced with another guest's tag! :eek:

I may be blowing this out of proportion but I felt so violated! Was that guest trying to steal my bag? Did my tag break off and Royal Caribbean simply put someone else's on there? I was just so glad I got to the bag first.

To make it worse one of the agents inside yelled across the room at me that I wasn't allowed to open bags, implying that I might be trying to pilfer someone else :eek:

Anyone else ever have something like this happen?

I agree with you I always like to do express walk off for that very reason.

My sister's large suitcase never appeared after cruising on the Oasis 10/3/2015. Just gone. So yes, I'm all for ugly bags, wild bags, etc. It was double tagged too. Makes one wonder.

Yesterday I was sitting at the Fort Lauderdale airport and had a RCI shoulder bag. A lady sitting near me noticed it and asked if I had just been on a cruise on RCI.

This was Monday and she had disembarked Independence on the Saturday before. She had two pieces of luggage and some alcohol she had purchased and when she went to claim these three items none were there. She was flying home with NO luggage and all the souvenirs she had purchased.

Felt very badly for her and it was her first cruise. No one could help her at the port. She was going to contact RCI when she arrived back home

I assume it is port workers that stack the luggage in the terminal and not RCI crew.