Port Everglades to West Palm Beach airport

Finabear

Does Celebrity offer transportation to West Palm Beach airport from Port Everglades?

Jet Blue (our preferred airline) has better nice non-stops for us there. The returning one leaves at 1 pm.

Other good transportation options?

It's about 50 miles to Palm Beach International airport from Port Everglades and I don't know if Celebrity offers transportation (Princess does not). I've never seen any comment on this board that any cruise line does.

I would rent a car - one way rentals don't have drop off fees - and it is a easy drive up I-95.

The other option is hiring a car service, which can be more expensive but no worries, or there is the Tri-rail that runs from Ft. Lauderdale to Palm Beach:http://www.tri-rail.com/stations/fort-lauderdalehollywood-international-airport-at-dania-beach/

It's pretty cheap, but you will need a cab to the train station from the port, but there are buses that run from the train station to the airport.

Keith

Call me overly cautious but for a 1PM flight from PBI I would only take a private direct car service. If you are disembarking on a weekend Tri-Rail runs much less frequently and is often behind schedule due to overcrowding. And there will be long lines to pick up and drop off a rental car. If on a weekday you definitely want someone else to do the driving as I-95 is a mess from Deerfield Beach to Boca Raton (the halfway point of your drive). Even if there are no delays in disembarking I would not want to risk the multiple additional steps of shuttling to and from a rental car center or Tri-Rail station.

We used a limo service for the 4 of us. If it's just 2, a town car service would be cheaper. This is the only way I would go for a 1pm flight as well. You still have lots of time, and will likely be at your gate at PBI quicker than someone leaving Port Everglades at the same time and only going to FLL. PBI was so easy and very short to non-existant lines.

We used a limo service for the 4 of us. If it's just 2, a town car service would be cheaper. This is the only way I would go for a 1pm flight as well. You still have lots of time, and will likely be at your gate at PBI quicker than someone leaving Port Everglades at the same time and only going to FLL. PBI was so easy and very short to non-existant lines.

Dan do you have the name of the limo service please? We have a 1-45 pm flight and think that this is the best option.

Thanks Mike

Dan do you have the name of the limo service please? We have a 1-45 pm flight and think that this is the best option.

Thanks Mike

The company I used is called southfloridatransportation.com I gave them my cell number and the morning we docked back at Port Everglades, the driver called me and I gave him an estimated time we would be off the ship. He then went to the staging area (they aren't allowed to just pull up and wait outside the terminals because it's so crowded), and when we cleared customs, I called him, told him where we were and what I was wearing, and he was there in 2 minutes.