Anna and Elsa help

jsfcruiser

So here is the deal - we are heading out on a three day cruise on the Dream in March followed by a couple days at Port Orleans FQ with a day at Magic Kingdom. I managed to secure a fastpass for Elsa and Anna at MK for myself and my daughter (at 9:30 pm, not the best time, but happy to have anything!) because it was my understanding that Anna and Elsa were not on the Dream. However recent posts on this board and others mentioned that they have been on board.

That said, I have also heard that the Anna and Elsa at MK are far superior to the ones on the cruise ship but if the Frozen sisters are on the cruise it would definitely be a less stressful meet and greet.

So...what would you do? Anyone know for sure that Elsa and Anna are on the Dream and will be continuing for the near future? Should I switch the fastpass to something else and see them on the ship?

So here is the deal - we are heading out on a three day cruise on the Dream in March followed by a couple days at Port Orleans FQ with a day at Magic Kingdom. I managed to secure a fastpass for Elsa and Anna at MK for myself and my daughter (at 9:30 pm, not the best time, but happy to have anything!) because it was my understanding that Anna and Elsa were not on the Dream. However recent posts on this board and others mentioned that they have been on board.

That said, I have also heard that the Anna and Elsa at MK are far superior to the ones on the cruise ship but if the Frozen sisters are on the cruise it would definitely be a less stressful meet and greet.

So...what would you do? Anyone know for sure that Elsa and Anna are on the Dream and will be continuing for the near future? Should I switch the fastpass to something else and see them on the ship?

While I certainly cannot guarantee that they will be onboard, DCL has recently added the Anna & Elsa Meet & Greet onboard the Dream (used to only be on the other 3 ships).

How late can you switch out your FP at the parks? Maybe you could just wait and once you find out for sure whether they will be onboard, change it then?

per the most recent navigators (jan 2015) Elsa and Anna are on the dream. They are a ticketed event. So as soon as you get on board, you look at your navigator and go get tickets (they are free) to them, disney jr and/or the princess gathering or all 3. They will give you options of times. I've read someone say that at their m&g with elsa and anna it was only 5 families, so I can't imagine how that could be worse than the parks? I would think that would be better. Anyway, yes, they are on the Dream. Whether or not they may or may not be on your exact cruise, you won't know until the day of. I suggest if you are going to the parks before, then keep your m&g appointment, if you are going after the cruise then keep it and if you end up not needing it, then cancel it. hth

At our Anna and Elsa meet and greet on the Magic, both were out with a nice themed backdrop and Frozen music playing. Tickets were in 15 minute increments with about 5 staterooms (max of 20 people) in each 15 minute slot. If you showed up significantly before your scheduled time, the CMs sent you away with instructions to return within 5 minutes of your time.

SO, line was no more than 15 minutes, and you had a relaxed 3 minutes or so with the characters. While it did not feel rushed at all, the CMs did keep things moving.

What I would do....do the bit on the ship, then cancel the parks if you wish. Or do the parks as well,

Now as to your hotel choice at WDW, is there a reason for this choice? We just don't find the moderate resorts to be enough different from the values to justify the price. We prefer to either save money and go with a value or spend it and have a truly nice place at a deluxe.

Does anyone know if Anna and Elsa are on the 7 day Fantasy? Is it only once or more often? Do you have to get tickets and if so, how? My 4 DD is a HUGE frozen fan (I know that's shocking). Currently they are some of her favorites, so we really must meet them.

Does anyone know if Anna and Elsa are on the 7 day Fantasy? Is it only once or more often? Do you have to get tickets and if so, how? My 4 DD is a HUGE frozen fan (I know that's shocking). Currently they are some of her favorites, so we really must meet them.

They were on the Fantasy last September/Oct. You do need to pick up tickets for their Meet & Greet. They are free, but limited. You need to check your Navigator that you get in the terminal at check in for the location for ticket distribution as it can vary. There are a limited number of Meet & Greets so tickets do run out.

Edited by Shmoo here

We just got off the Fantasy yesterday and we had a meet and greet with Anna and Elsa. Just make sure to get your tickets from the Port Adventures desk as soon as you board.

Please check your Welcome aboard Navigator for ticket location. In the last 2 months, they have been reported to be handed out at Guest Services, Port Adventures, and a special table set up in D club/Studio Sea. The correct location for YOUR cruise will be noted in the Welcome Aboard Navigator which is available in the terminal before you board.

It has lots of other useful info also!

The MK has a wealth of cast members to choose from to be Anna and Elsa. I would guess that on the ship, the cast members serve a variety of functions. I would imagine they can't have someone on ship just to be a single character for a couple of hours a day. That would be why park characters are "better".

• 2 weeks later...

We had a great Anna and Elsa on the dream in January . DS had a Hans shirt and they made a huge deal out of it and made him pinky promise he would not be like him.

We met in the enchanted garden. It was frozen themed and the kids enjoyed it.

We did take transportation from art of animation and did not get on the ship until after 2:00. We ate did the muster drill and then I saw the meet and greet tickets were available at the shore excursion deck. I went and they had some tickets on Nassau day which was great because we had no intentions of getting off the ship. We also got tickets for meet and greet princesses on the sea day. They had no disney jr tickets left. I tried guest services at a later date with no luck.

Check the navigator as soon as you board to get meet and greet tickets.

We dropped off the pillow cases to get signed and Anna and Elsa were autographed as well so that was a nice supply.

And the above brings up another point. If you get tickets for ANY event that you later decide you are not going to use, PLEASE turn them in at Guest Services. There are almost always guests who couldn't get a ticket and would love to be able to attend. Sometimes GS keeps an official waiting list, other times they just tell the guest to check back and hope...even if it is 10 minutes before the event, drop them off at GS.

I almost lost it on one cruise when I couldn't get 2 tickets for the "Tea with Alice" event and a fellow board member later commented that they had 6 tickets but her kids didn't want to go! This was as in "OH I wish you had said something."

I'm going to be on the Disney Fantasy with my 3 year old daughter and other family members in August. Aside from Anna and Elsa, what other tickets do we need to get when we board? Thanks!

I'm going to be on the Disney Fantasy with my 3 year old daughter and other family members in August. Aside from Anna and Elsa, what other tickets do we need to get when we board? Thanks!

You'll need to ask at GS or Port Excursions desk what might be scheduled on your cruise...OR read your Welcome Aboard Navigator (available in the terminal before boarding). Typically there is a complimentary "princess gathering" and an event with Disney, Jr. characters that are ticketed. Again, it is not possible in advance to be sure that ALL or these will be happening during your cruise. Your best info source is the Navigator. For other characters, check the PALS line on the phone or the info board in the lobby as well as the Navigator in paper or the Nav app.

Note, this is not the Princess Royal Tea, which costs hundreds depending on how many people attend.

Just FYI, we just got off the Disney Wonder 5 day Mar15-20 and there were 3 meet and greets that were ticketed; 1)the princess ( on our ship they were Cinderella, Tiana and Rapunzel), 2)Frozen (Elsa and Anna)and 3)Disney Junior( Doc Mcstuffin, Jake and queen Sophia). One of our group embarked with group 1 and snagged tickets for 3 of the cabins for all 3 meet and greets at Port Adventures (the princesses at 9am and Frozen at 9:30am on sea day 1, Disney Junior at 9:15am sea day 2). It appears they hand out the tickets in order from earliest to latest. I saw at least 2 Each of the Princess and Disney Jr gatherings in the Atrium during the cruise and there were at least 3 Frozen meetings ( which were in one of the lounges or dining rooms). They appeared to go from 9am until around 11:30AM. When we checked on end of Day 2 the Princesses and Disney junior tickets were gone but there were still Frozen ticks available for a meet and greet during day 5 when we were on Castaway Cay. The 3 princesses and the 3 Disney Jrs also had individual line up greetings available on day 4 but the lines for these were huge.