Feedback requested on RCCL St. Lucia tours to Pitons

vinotinto

I'm considering a few of the RCCL tours in St. Lucia. Would like to see the Pitons, preferably close enough, and prefer to not travel by car, as I get nausea. Kids loved Screw's Spa in Dominica a few years ago, so I was thinking the sulphur baths may be interesting to do in this trip.

I emailed Herod, but have not hear back and we'll be leaving for our cruise in less than 2 weeks. I have a diverse party - 2 adults, 2 kids (ages 6 and 9) and a grandma who does not swim.

Has anyone done any of the following and can comment on them?

- "Coastal Cruise to the Pitons"

- "Pitons Cruise & Snorkel" (boat trip to Pitons and snorkel at Anse Mamin)

- "Soufriere by Land and Sea" (unsure about how well I would do in the "by land" part, plus, it's 7 hours)

- "Breathtaking Soufriere and Baths" (land tour - is there a good view of the pitons from this tour)?

Thanks for your opinions!

Edited by vinotinto

I'm considering a few of the RCCL tours in St. Lucia. Would like to see the Pitons, preferably close enough, and prefer to not travel by car, as I get nausea. Kids loved Screw's Spa in Dominica a few years ago, so I was thinking the sulphur baths may be interesting to do in this trip.

I emailed Herod, but have not hear back and we'll be leaving for our cruise in less than 2 weeks. I have a diverse party - 2 adults, 2 kids (ages 6 and 9) and a grandma who does not swim.

Has anyone done any of the following and can comment on them?

- "Coastal Cruise to the Pitons"

- "Pitons Cruise & Snorkel" (boat trip to Pitons and snorkel at Anse Mamin)

- "Soufriere by Land and Sea" (unsure about how well I would do in the "by land" part, plus, it's 7 hours)

- "Breathtaking Soufriere and Baths" (land tour - is there a good view of the pitons from this tour)?

Thanks for your opinions!

We did the land and sea to the pitons. It was good. I would not do a tour that long without doing it through the ship since it was late getting back. We got to see a lot of stuff on the island. The one complaint I had was that at each stop our tour guide took longer and longer to get back to the bus. She would tell us 15 minutes, they we would wait another 10 for her. The lunch was very good but I was floored that the lunch hosts wouldn't give the pregnant lady another glass of juice after a bug got into hers. We waited well over a half hour at the dock for the catamaran to do the sea part. Being such a long tour it was worth the money, would I do it again, probably not. Am I glad I did it, yes.

As far as being car sick, I found the sea part worse, I get very very sea sick. When you get in line to go on the trip tell the guide that you have to sit in the front of the bus. They should accomodate you.

Hi, we did the Coastal Cruise and really enjoyed it. Nice boat ride, beautiful views. Fun crew. You go to a small beach for a brief visit.

The best part of it is the boat ride and the scenery and of course the Pitons.

We take Bonine daily while on a cruise anyway, but had no seasickness issues with this excursion.

Enjoy!

Seashinesunshine that's good info. It may be too long of a day for my mom and my youngest.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It was quite a long day, but I could imagine if your youngest got tired a nap in grandmas lap might be fun. There is shade on the catamaran, and sleeping with the boat is rocking would make for a great nap!.