Any advice on Nevis Island

sj25

We have been to St. Kitts two times. Both times we've taken Thenford Grey for his Grand tour of St. Kitts. Have been very pleased with it both times. But this time we was maybe looking at Nevis Island. So anyone that has been there or who you went with. Did you think it was worth the cost to get there? Thank you!

We 've been there on a tour that was supposed to be a rainforest hike and lunch arranged by Beulah Mills. It was not a pleasant experience, don't use her.

We are considering using Thenford to arrange a tour for us the next time we are in St Kitts. From what we've read there are some interesting historic sites and places to see on Nevis so we're going to give it another shot. Check out the tour Thenford has.

We 've been there on a tour that was supposed to be a rainforest hike and lunch arranged by Beulah Mills. It was not a pleasant experience, don't use her.

We are considering using Thenford to arrange a tour for us the next time we are in St Kitts. From what we've read there are some interesting historic sites and places to see on Nevis so we're going to give it another shot. Check out the tour Thenford has.

Thank you.....that is the one that I was looking at Thenford Grey I have done his island tour for St. Kitts and making sure it was worth going to Nevis island to see or just stay at St. Kitts.

Edited by sj25

We took the ferry to Nevis and went horseback riding. The day we were docked we were the only ship in port. I think maybe 5 people from the ship took the ferry so there was nobody there. It wound up being just the 2 of us. I'm not into horses really but it was the surprise part of the wedding gift for my wife. It was really nice. We rode for about 1 1/2 hours around the island. The owner and his wife were super nice and was my wife's favorite part of the cruise.

According to Cruise TT, there will be 3 ships in St Kitts when you are there on your cruise in October of 2015. The port load will be about 8800 pax. Your schedule says you arrive at 7am & depart at 5pm. You will have plenty of time to see Nevis.

• 4 weeks later...

We just took a private tour of Nevis arrange through Thenford Grey, and it was great! I requested a custom itinerary ("no swimming, no shopping") and this was followed even though my group and the regular group would both have fit in one van. Here's what we did: Thenford met us at the pier and got us on a van to the ferry terminal (very close, we could have walked) for the 45 minute ride over to Nevis –we were picked up there by local guide Ozzie – toured around Charlestown with visit to the Nelson Museum – then an hour at the Nevis Botanical Garden, which gives you the idea of what it would have been like to own one of the great plantations – then photo ops at the Montpelier Plantation Inn and the Nisbet Plantation – a delicious lunch of lobster sandwiches at the beautiful Golden Rock Plantation Inn – then a short ferry across the narrow channel to the South end of St. Kitts, where we were picked up by another van for the ride back to Basseterre. This tour seemed a little expensive ($75 pp plus $18 in admission fees and lunch was extra), but Thenford showed me his costs and explained that while he doesn’t really make any money on Nevis tours he does it for love of the island. Highly recommended.

We took the ferry to Nevis and went horseback riding. The day we were docked we were the only ship in port. I think maybe 5 people from the ship took the ferry so there was nobody there. It wound up being just the 2 of us. I'm not into horses really but it was the surprise part of the wedding gift for my wife. It was really nice. We rode for about 1 1/2 hours around the island. The owner and his wife were super nice and was my wife's favorite part of the cruise.

Can you tell me the name of the vendor you used? My daughter is wanton to do horseback riding, and this may be the port for us to do so. Thanks in advance.