What is the one thing not to miss in St Lucia

BcIcemen

Pitons. Without a doubt. They are what make us famous. A tour that includes Pitons is a must do. Whether by sea or land, doesn't matter. Followed by volcano and mud baths.

Enjoy your visit.

Hello,

Looking forward to your beautiful island in Dec. I'm looking to do maybe a 4 hour tour more on the private side with just the two of us? Is there smaller tour operators? I know it will cost more but I'm not interested in the mud baths or volcano. I would rather someone take us around to where few people are as long as it is safe. Stop for drinks, food, atmosphere? Is there anything like that?

Yes, most operators will offer private, customized tours, no prob. Or hire a taxi on arrival and go at your pace.

Keep in mind a few details about St Lucia though, distance and actual drive time are two very different things. While the z Pitons are only about 30 miles from Castries as a crow flies, via the road, it's a solid 1-1.25 hour drive. That's just to see them, not stopping much at all or doing anything else. Plan a solid three hour round trip simply for that as it's one, winding mountainous road, and there can be traffic, especially on the return.

Also, noted, mountainous winding roads...Be prepared if any get morion sickness. Frequently.t stops are no probs, but they do add to travel time. You could head down, hike Tet Paul trail and then lunch at Hummingbird Beach Resort in Soufriere (locally owned and operated, one of the oldest properties on island and in same family still) or La Haut on the hillside for dramatic views, then return...this will easily be a 5-6 hour trip.

Edited by reedprincess

Yes, most operators will offer private, customized tours, no prob. Or hire a taxi on arrival and go at your pace.

Keep in mind a few details about St Lucia though, distance and actual drive time are two very different things. While the z Pitons are only about 30 miles from Castries as a crow flies, via the road, it's a solid 1-1.25 hour drive. That's just to see them, not stopping much at all or doing anything else. Plan a solid three hour round trip simply for that as it's one, winding mountainous road, and there can be traffic, especially on the return.

Also, noted, mountainous winding roads...Be prepared if any get morion sickness. Frequently.t stops are no probs, but they do add to travel time. You could head down, hike Tet Paul trail and then lunch at Hummingbird Beach Resort in Soufriere (locally owned and operated, one of the oldest properties on island and in same family still) or La Haut on the hillside for dramatic views, then return...this will easily be a 5-6 hour trip.

Thanks for the info, I thought I would do like you suggested but with a tour company vs a cab driver who might not be able to figure out what we are really looking for.

Given that how much will I pay approx. for a 5 hour cab ride for two?

Thanks for the info, I thought I would do like you suggested but with a tour company vs a cab driver who might not be able to figure out what we are really looking for.

Given that how much will I pay approx. for a 5 hour cab ride for two?

Yup, a taxi will run around $200us for the day, plus any entrance fees, food and drinks, etc...

Edited by reedprincess

Here now and looking for a nice beach. Suggestions??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, you left that till the last minute. Hope you found something suitable. Best beach in Castries is Vigie Beach, walking distance from the port.

Well, you left that till the last minute. Hope you found something suitable. Best beach in Castries is Vigie Beach, walking distance from the port.

We're actually in St. Lucia all week. Staying at Windjammer Landing. Just looking for a close nice beach to try. I will be coming back next year in a cruise.

We're actually in St. Lucia all week. Staying at Windjammer Landing. Just looking for a close nice beach to try. I will be coming back next year in a cruise.

Your best bet for land trip recommendations is TripAdvisor, the sister site to Cruisecritic.com, which is all aboutbpand based trips, hotels, restaurants, etc..

As you're at a resort, speaknwith the staff and concierge/tour desk for recommendations on what to see and do in St Lucia.

Best beach for watersports likened skis, banana rides, etc is Reduit Beach in Rodney Bay, along with the main area for loads of restaurants and bars. $15us cab ride from Windjammer.

And in the future, definitely would help if you identified that you were here in a land based trip when asking question, if that's the case. Otherwise the assumption is you're visiting in a ship - recommendations would be completely different. Enjoy your visit.

I do cruise and have many cruises that we've been on. I don't think asking about a port of call just because I'm on a land trip is an issue. My next cruise goes to St. Lucia so wanted to check out some beaches.

Actually, our next cruise is a B2B but the one after that goes to St. Lucia.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkt

Edited by beachbuddy

I do cruise and have many cruises that we've been on. I don't think asking about a port of call just because I'm on a land trip is an issue. My next cruise goes to St. Lucia so wanted to check out some beaches.

Actually, our next cruise is a B2B but the one after that goes to St. Lucia.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkt

Of course it's not a problem. But it ie helpful of you give all the information, ie that you're visiting as a overnight land visitor or visiting as a cruise one day visitor.. Recommendations, etc will be different based in type of visit.

So, we're you asking here for recommendations based on your current visit you're having right now at Windjammer. Or for future visits by ship? It does make a difference. If for here now, your hotel is a great source of info, both regular staff and concierge or tour desk. Lots of beaches to visit all around the island from Reduit to Vigie to Choc to Pigeon Island to Gros Islet, to Anse I'vorgne, Sabwicha, Laborie Beach, Sandy Beach and so on...most I wouldn't recommend for a cruise visit though due to distance of travel...

If for a cruise visit, this is a great resource for cruise specific.needs, specifically trips within the time constraints.

Either way, hope you enjoy your various visits to our island.

Of course it's not a problem. But it ie helpful of you give all the information, ie that you're visiting as a overnight land visitor or visiting as a cruise one day visitor.. Recommendations, etc will be different based in type of visit.

So, we're you asking here for recommendations based on your current visit you're having right now at Windjammer. Or for future visits by ship? It does make a difference. If for here now, your hotel is a great source of info, both regular staff and concierge or tour desk. Lots of beaches to visit all around the island from Reduit to Vigie to Choc to Pigeon Island to Gros Islet, to Anse I'vorgne, Sabwicha, Laborie Beach, Sandy Beach and so on...most I wouldn't recommend for a cruise visit though due to distance of travel...

If for a cruise visit, this is a great resource for cruise specific.needs, specifically trips within the time constraints.

Either way, hope you enjoy your various visits to our island.

Yes, I understand what your saying. I'm trying to visit a few beaches on this land trip so I'll know where I want to go when we cruise here. Today we took a taxi to the Cold Pot for lunch. We may take a taxi on Friday to see Pigeon Island and Reduit beach. Thanks for your help.