Getting to the Ship from the airport?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Cruising for the first time? Our members will have you cruising like a pro in no time! Don't forget to read our 8000 reviews written by first timers just like you!
First Time Cruisers
You May Also Want to Read: Over 6,000 Published Cruise Reviews by First Time Cruisers

Best advice for first-time cruisers; learn how to pick a cabin, find the best cruise bargain, tips on what to pack.

Browse Cruise Critic's First Time Cruiser Resources (articles)
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:26 PM.
Cape Cod MA
16 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
What is the best way to get to the cruise from the airport. I will be at Ft. Laurderdale airport and wanted to know whats the best way to get to the cruise ship (Caribbean Princess May 7th) Do taxis charge a flat rate? I may have a transfer from my TA but dont know if a taxi would be cheaper. My TA is charging an addtional $40...Does that sound about right? If not please let me know of the best way and rate.

Thanks
Massachusetts
4,487 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
Most definately a cab. I find the cruiseline transfers are expensive and take alot of time. They generally won't leave for the pier til the bus is full. The airport is close to the pier and cab fare shouldn't run you more than $15 plus tip. Be sure to ask the cab driver before you get in the cab how much to the cruise port, just so you know.

Enjoy your cruise.
Boston
4,627 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Best part about a cab, you can ask him to stop at a drug or grocery store so you can pick up some last minute stuff, like bottled water or soda, etc. Still will be under $20 for the carload, and you don't have to wait for a bus to fill up!
New England
4,305 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
I agree with a cab. For more than 2 arrange a private van service. 4 adults plus luggage was only $16.00 (plus tip). Much quicker and better than ship transfers.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Disney Magic 01/10/04
Enchantment of the Seas 01/22/05

MVP = Most Valuable Papi
MP- to make those rought times smooth

We got it on the MOS #155C
DTTT
Long Island NY
2,726 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Cabs are easy to get, no waiting. Cost us $12.00. From Southwest terminal you can see cruise ships, that's how close you are. Have your ID & cruise tickets out, as they will stop your cab as you enter terminal area & check to make sure you are taking a cruise & belong in the area. Security first!