Cruise terminal to Airport (Kyoto)

Jarronwood

HI everyone, now that we have booked and had confirmed our new cruise from the cancelled 2 April Singapore to Singapore to Bali to Osaka, Japan, I am busy planning tours etc.

I have been trying to find and for the life of me cannot find the information about hiring/booking a taxi from the cruise terminal in Osaka, Japan to take us to the Airport for our flight home to London. I haven't yet booked our flights because I want to make sure that I will have enough time to get to the airport for a 11 am departure.

The ship stays in the port for two nights before we get off the third day - will we be able to get off the ship at about 7 am in the morning to get to the airport for the 11 am flight?

How long is it to the airport from the cruise terminal by taxi and finally, does anyone have or know a reputable taxi driver/firm who can take us and also the approx. cost?

Any help you can give me would be very much appreciated.

HI everyone, now that we have booked and had confirmed our new cruise from the cancelled 2 April Singapore to Singapore to Bali to Osaka, Japan, I am busy planning tours etc.

I have been trying to find and for the life of me cannot find the information about hiring/booking a taxi from the cruise terminal in Osaka, Japan to take us to the Airport for our flight home to London. I haven't yet booked our flights because I want to make sure that I will have enough time to get to the airport for a 11 am departure.

The ship stays in the port for two nights before we get off the third day - will we be able to get off the ship at about 7 am in the morning to get to the airport for the 11 am flight?

How long is it to the airport from the cruise terminal by taxi and finally, does anyone have or know a reputable taxi driver/firm who can take us and also the approx. cost?

Any help you can give me would be very much appreciated.

Hi Josie, we'll be on the same cruise. We spent two weeks last spring in Japan and everyone there is trustable even taxi drivers. I don't know about Osaka airport but there is two airports close to the city, Itami or Kansai depends if you fly to Tokyo or overseas.But there is also the possibility to take transfers from the ship to the airport.On our last cruise, we booked the transfer from Azamara few days before to get out the ship. Lyse!

Edited by sovilav01

We are flying with Singapore Airlines and it is showing Kansai Airport. How long does it take from the cruise terminal to Kansai, do you know?

And what sort of cost is it with the cruise rather than a taxi?

We go,to,Osaka every year and we were on Crystal last year when it docked in Osaka. Kansai is the major International Airport. A taxi should take about 45 minutes from the terminal. The terminal is closer to,the airport then the downtown area. As you will have luggage a taxi would be the easiest. There are also express trains from Tennoji station and the airport express bus from Umeda but these would be impractical and would take you more time as you would need to get from the terminal to them.

Ther pier is next to the Aquarium and the Ferris Wheel and there is also a shopping center. A cab should not be hard to find.

Cabs in Japan are a pleasure. The drivers wear white shirts and black ties and jackets and gloves. The taxi seats have lace coverings on them,

There is Kansai Airport Limousine running a service from the port to Kansai airport. You can make a search on the web. The airport is 45km (30 miles) from the cruise terminal and it should take less than 45 minutes but taxis are expensive in Japan. I'm not sure but I think two transfers in Copenhagen were under $100.00 with Azamara.

Hi Josie, we'll be on the same cruise. We spent two weeks last spring in Japan and everyone there is trustable even taxi drivers. I don't know about Osaka airport but there is two airports close to the city, Itami or Kansai depends if you fly to Tokyo or overseas.But there is also the possibility to take transfers from the ship to the airport.On our last cruise, we booked the transfer from Azamara few days before to get out the ship. Lyse!

How much was the transfer to Kansas airport with the ship. I've been quoted Over $250 U.S. By a company and to my mind that's way over the top.

How much was the transfer to Kansas airport with the ship. I've been quoted Over $250 U.S. By a company and to my mind that's way over the top.

The Kansai Bus from Tempozan, which is the shopping center area at the pier is 1550 yen pp one way. That is about 13.00 USD pp. The info can be found here:http://www.kate.co.jp/pc/e_time_table/e_usj_tt.html#from

My husband and I have taken the bus to/from both Kansai and Itami airports and it is comfy, clean and fast, they have staff on hand to load and unload your luggage, it is much cheaper then purchasing a transfer from the cruise lines. It takes a bit longer then a cab but not much

The Kansai Bus from Tempozan, which is the shopping center area at the pier is 1550 yen pp one way. That is about 13.00 USD pp. The info can be found here:http://www.kate.co.jp/pc/e_time_table/e_usj_tt.html#from

My husband and I have taken the bus to/from both Kansai and Itami airports and it is comfy, clean and fast, they have staff on hand to load and unload your luggage, it is much cheaper then purchasing a transfer from the cruise lines. It takes a bit longer then a cab but not much

This is what we'll do, it's much cheaper and everything in Japan is on schedule so there is nothing to worry about. I didn't know you could post a web address, it's why I suggested to make a search about Kansai Airport Limousine.;)

How easy is it to lug your luggage to the terminal from the cruise ship?

I can only answer for myself and my husband, on our 12 night Crystal Cruise with a 4 night post we had only one large suitcase on wheels and one carry on with wheels so we get anywhere easily.

Crystal and Seabourn always have staff available for people departing early to help with luggage. One time on Seabourn one of the staff walked me and my bag (though I could have managed myself) a good 1/2 mile to the cabs. I'm sure Azamara would have staff around to help you.