Cigars

DreamingBig1

The most extensive and nicely appointed cigar bar I’ve seen in all of our travels was in West End. They had individual walls from different areas (Cuba, DR, Nicaragua and Honduras) with many options from each area. What a magnificent place to find while on vacation!!! ;)

Unfortunately during our visit last year it was closed and being revamped, not sure if it will be reopened. It’s definitely worth taking the time to post this question to the experts/locals on the Roatan forum on tripadvisor to find out if it will be or not. If not there is a good cigar store (good humidor storage) in West End across the street (on the beach side of the road), I bought some nice Cubans there for a decent price. Also a couple of excellent Honduran cigars that I really liked. Beware smaller or less reputable shops in town, and never, never but from vendors on the beach as I’m sure you know…

AS an aside, West End is a great place to get dropped by your guide or taxi and take a $2pp water taxi over to West Bay.

Some other western Carib destinations have good options and some do not. I believe I saw this post for Costa Maya, there I would come prepared and bring a cigar with you to wherever you’re going.

Enjoy! :)

The most extensive and nicely appointed cigar bar I’ve seen in all of our travels was in West End. They had individual walls from different areas (Cuba, DR, Nicaragua and Honduras) with many options from each area. What a magnificent place to find while on vacation!!! ;)

Unfortunately during our visit last year it was closed and being revamped, not sure if it will be reopened. It’s definitely worth taking the time to post this question to the experts/locals on the Roatan forum on tripadvisor to find out if it will be or not. If not there is a good cigar store (good humidor storage) in West End across the street (on the beach side of the road), I bought some nice Cubans there for a decent price. Also a couple of excellent Honduran cigars that I really liked. Beware smaller or less reputable shops in town, and never, never but from vendors on the beach as I’m sure you know…

AS an aside, West End is a great place to get dropped by your guide or taxi and take a $2pp water taxi over to West Bay.

Some other western Carib destinations have good options and some do not. I believe I saw this post for Costa Maya, there I would come prepared and bring a cigar with you to wherever you’re going.

Enjoy! :)

Thanks!!

• 4 years later...
On 4/9/2015 at 10:23 AM, blue_water said:

The most extensive and nicely appointed cigar bar I’ve seen in all of our travels was in West End. They had individual walls from different areas (Cuba, DR, Nicaragua and Honduras) with many options from each area. What a magnificent place to find while on vacation!!! 😉

Enjoy! 🙂

Blue water, do you know if this shop opened back up?  What is the name?