London hotel - Doubletree (tower of london ) or Hampton Inn (Waterloo)

Reesesinmiami

We will be taking the NCL Jade out of Southampton and will be staying in London pre-cruise. We wanted a reasonably priced hotel near attractions and the tube. I have narrowed it down to the above since I have no idea what the best areas to stay in are. The Doubletree is by the Tower of London near the Tower Hill station, while the Hampton Inn is next to the Waterloo station in the south bank. Thoughts or other suggestions?

We will be taking the NCL Jade out of Southampton and will be staying in London pre-cruise. We wanted a reasonably priced hotel near attractions and the tube. I have narrowed it down to the above since I have no idea what the best areas to stay in are. The Doubletree is by the Tower of London near the Tower Hill station, while the Hampton Inn is next to the Waterloo station in the south bank. Thoughts or other suggestions?

Much may depend on how you are getting from your hotel to Southampton and what you want to do in London. Tower Hill is in the East of the City and, as the name suggests near to the Tower of London and to St Paul's Cathedral but many other tourist attractions are to the West e.g. Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament. It would be a relatively short taxi rude from there to Waterloo Station if you were going to Southampton by Train. It would be quite a long taxi rude to Victoria coach station if you were going by Coach.

There is another Doubletree in Holborn which is more centrally placed and an even shorter taxi ride to Waterloo Station. The Holborn one is quite well sited for restaurants in Covent Garden and is also within closer reach of Theatres if that appeals. It is also easy to reach by taking a Piccadilly Line Underground train from Heathrow.

Hilton has a place ( I think a Doubletree ) next door to Victoria Station which would be good if you were going on tinSouthamoton by coach. That hitel us close to Buckingham Palace but not so good in terms of eating places nearby.

If you wanted a less expensive hotel, there is a chain called Premier Inn which has an air conditioned place close by Waterloo Station and a non - air conditioned place at the Souther End of Westminster Bridge.

The overland train route from Heathrow brings you into Paddington station. Although there a lot of hotels around Paddington and the neighbouring area of Bayswater it's not an area I would recommend.

There are a lot of hotels , including Hilton- branded ones in Kensington, again easy to reach by Piccadilly line from Heathrow and fairly convenient for Victoria Coach Station. They are close to Harrods and Harvey Nicholls stores if high-end shopping is part of your plan.