Lost luggage

drtiny

Often people are quick to criticize and slow to complement. My DH and 14 other family and friends just returned from a marvelous cruise on The Harmony. Upon our return home, my DH discovered that his small duffel bag had been left behind. The bag was not in the designated area it had been assigned but wasn't noticed missing until we returned home to Savannah. Once discovered that evening we called RCCL. A lost and found incident report was created. We were told it would be 5-10 business days before a thorough followup would be completed. Neither of us were very hopeful of recovering the bag (shoes and toiletries). Well, long story short the bag was recovered the following week. He did have to pay UPS shipping charges to have it returned. All four pair of his expensive shoes and all toiletries were still in the bag. There are still honest people out there and good customer service abounds. Good job RCCL. :* That is why we are loyal to The Royal. :):)

The same thing happened to my nephew. A guest realized that it was not their bag and returned it to a porter on the same trip. Lesson learned. STAY AWAY from plain black duffel bags.:evilsmile:

Glad to hear that you got the bag back 😄When traveling I've always found it to be a good idea to buy luggage which is not black. Look for different designs or buy a cover that makes the bag standout. It's amazing at an airport how many black bags there are going around on conveyer belt.

We left a bag on one cruise. We have a hot pink bagollini that we fill with laundry. Completely forgot about it. Yup... got all the black, looks like every other bag, bags but left the hot pink one and drove home. Arrived home to a message on our machine from Royal Caribbean that they had the bag. $25 and a few days later the bag was delivered by UPS. It did teach us to put our cell phone on the luggage tag though. :)