Juneau Whale Watch Is it Cheaper to Buy on Pier?

indycdca

I haven't booked a whale whale yet. Wondering what prices are at pier. The combo whale/glacier in Juneu runs about $135 online. Does anyone know what price is if I wait to purchase at pier?

Additional thought on buying at the pier.... is the price the same in the morning vs the afternoon? Like hotel rooms, it depends on demand. If you are patient.... you might get some great deals waiting last minute.... then again, there may be others with similar thoughts and show up last minute next to you to push the price back up.

Looks like there are six ships in port the 25th. Checking their website, it looks like they have available check in times every hour from 7:30am to 4:30pm with the exception of 12:30pm. I'm guessing that they will have availability, but I would probably contact them to see if they do indeed offer the excursion of your choice at the pier and inquire about discounts there.

We have our Mendenhall Glacier/Whale Watch combo tour prepurchased from them back in May for our September cruise - there was a promo code on their website that saved us 15%.........

Edited by Herfnerd

Looks like there are six ships in port the 25th. Checking their website, it looks like they have available check in times every hour from 7:30am to 4:30pm with the exception of 12:30pm. I'm guessing that they will have availability, but I would probably contact them to see if they do indeed offer the excursion of your choice at the pier and inquire about discounts there.

We have our Mendenhall Glacier/Whale Watch combo tour prepurchased from them back in May for our September cruise - there was a promo code on their website that saved us 15%.........

I don't know when they changed it but now the promo code is good on the whale watch only:(:(. But still want to do combo and when I called they said I could book separately to use promo but then there is really not much difference in price ($115-15%=$97.25+$35 is $132 vs $135w/o discount)

I don't know when they changed it but now the promo code is good on the whale watch only:(:(. But still want to do combo and when I called they said I could book separately to use promo but then there is really not much difference in price ($115-15%=$97.25+$35 is $132 vs $135w/o discount)

The promotion we used expired in May, I believe.......

When I went to Juneau on a rainy Saturday aft in May, I went to the booths and asked for a whale watching tour, was first quoted $140, the booth next door but one said $115, as I walked away he called me back and said he would do it for the lowest he possibly could $88. I was happy with that