Car rental

crisp1

I would like to know this as well. We will be arriving for a week staying in Grand Case before our cruise in January. It would be nice if one can make this happen. If you can't drop at the pier, do car rentals at the airport have a shuttle to the pier or do you need to take a taxi?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to answer my own question. Coastal does offer pickup/dropoff at airport or cruise terminal. We've rented from them before. I just have to find out if they have a free shuttle at the airport or if we have to pay for it

Edited by crisp1

An update. We usually visit St Maarten by ship- occasionally fly in. We've used Coastal before when visiting by ship- they are 1 of a few that have a pickup at the pier. Their cars are just across the street. The main office is in Sucker Garden so they charge $15 fee to the rental- but I have found that their price is still much lower with that added fee, cars are new, service fine. This time we're flying in and cruising from Philipsburg the next day. Coastal is the only agency that offers (that I know of) that offers an airport pickup and a pier dropoff. It will add 2x$15 to the booking, but after checking out our other options, I chose them. A Coastal agent will meet us at the baggage claim in the airport and walk us to our car and complete our paperwork, the next day we get to drop off our luggage and car at the pier. Comparing prices to pickup/dropoff at the airport and adding taxi fees and (time waiting) I think it's just costing us an extra $5 or $10 ( without tip)