Tour guide in La Spezia

RGilmer53

Guess it might be helpful if you would post where you want to visit. If it is places like Florence and Pisa, you can expect to pay at least 600€ for a car/driver. If you want to simply visit Cinque Terre, it might be difficult to find a guide that will do the hand-holding through the various villages (usually connected via train and/or ferry).

Hank

Guess it might be helpful if you would post where you want to visit. If it is places like Florence and Pisa, you can expect to pay at least 600€ for a car/driver. If you want to simply visit Cinque Terre, it might be difficult to find a guide that will do the hand-holding through the various villages (usually connected via train and/or ferry).

Hank

Plus, for Cinque Terre, the villages and scenery ARE the sights. No museum, no monument, no cathedral, no need for a guide to interpret what you are seeing. You want to eat? Drop into a place that looks interesting/good to you or read up in advance. Not doing the hiking trails? Just wander through the little walkways of the villages and dive into a store if it strikes your fancy. If you do not want to do the trains, you only need a driver - paying for a guide would be, IMHO, a waste of money.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it would make sense to explain what I wanted to do! Ha! :)

I want a driver to take us to Pisa and back to the cruise port so I don't have to worry about trains schedules. I don't want to spend the whole day there. We just wanted to take the tourist picture and, if we can get tickets ahead of time, climb to the top. Then head back to port.

I have looked into the train but am having trouble find the schedule for the day and really don't want to walk 30 minutes from the train station then 30 minutes back. (Or so I read...that's wasting an hour if I read the complaints right.)

Yes, it would make sense to explain what I wanted to do! Ha! :)

I want a driver to take us to Pisa and back to the cruise port so I don't have to worry about trains schedules. I don't want to spend the whole day there. We just wanted to take the tourist picture and, if we can get tickets ahead of time, climb to the top. Then head back to port.

I have looked into the train but am having trouble find the schedule for the day and really don't want to walk 30 minutes from the train station then 30 minutes back. (Or so I read...that's wasting an hour if I read the complaints right.)

Ah, you are going in the opposite direction from what we assumed.

I'd search a little through this forum - lots of people have recommendations for private drive services like Romeinlimo, RomeCabs... many of those have service out of Livorno to Pisa, so they may have service out of La Spezia now that the ships are making use of that port more often. I cannot recommend any since I always DIY and take the trains wherever I go...

Edited by slidergirl