Carmel Limo Vs Dial 7

mcd1966

Hi all, I coming to New York City in a few weeks time with 5 other people (and our luggage) and have been recommended either using either Dial 7 or Carmel Limo. What are peoples thoughts of and experiences with them ?

We've used both and been satisfied.

Check their websites for coupons.

Same here, they are similar operations, I found I use Carmel more often then Dial 7 as they've been a dollar or two cheaper but I would not say one is better than the other from my experience.

Same here, they are similar operations, I found I use Carmel more often then Dial 7 as they've been a dollar or two cheaper but I would not say one is better than the other from my experience.

Thnaks for replying. We're looking forward to the trip.

• 1 month later...

I've used both - Dial 7 r/t when going from EWR to NYC pier and Carmel r/t from EWR to Bayonne pier. Also used Dial 7 going from JFK to NYC.

Less than happy with Carmel. We were told to meet the driver in one spot, but he went to another area and called upset that we weren't waiting for him. The Carmel driver for our return trip got lost and was more than an hour late. It happens, but no apologies or anything. To add insult to injury, his car had garbage and leftover food all over, and he drove like a maniac.

Dial 7 is fairly timely, the drivers are courteous and helpful, their cars are clean, and they drive safely.

Carmel was a tad less expensive, but I'd rather pay more for more professional service. We've got another trip planned and will be calling Dial 7.

I used Carmel once in LA. We wanted him to be at a handicap place but he refused. Then we packed like sardines into a van made for 8 people even though we requested a van for 12. I had in my lap someone's walker while everyone else also had a bag in their lap. The van was totally over loaded and unsafe. The driver was rude and not helpful at all. In fact most of the loading of the luggage was done by my girlfriend, not by the driver.

But with that said my experience was in LA, not NYC. On my next cruise I plan to use Dial 7.

I used Carmel once in LA. We wanted him to be at a handicap place but he refused. Then we packed like sardines into a van made for 8 people even though we requested a van for 12. I had in my lap someone's walker while everyone else also had a bag in their lap. The van was totally over loaded and unsafe. The driver was rude and not helpful at all. In fact most of the loading of the luggage was done by my girlfriend, not by the driver.

But with that said my experience was in LA, not NYC. On my next cruise I plan to use Dial 7.

FWIW, it may not have been the Carmel that is based in NY, but a company with which Carmel has an agreement to provide service in LA. It's rather common for car services and limo companies to have contracts with car services in other cities, and even other countries, to provide service to customers that book through them. I can book limo service in many cities and countries through the reservation office of my home limo company but the service isn't actually provided by my home limo company.

I've used both - Dial 7 r/t when going from EWR to NYC pier and Carmel r/t from EWR to Bayonne pier. Also used Dial 7 going from JFK to NYC.

Less than happy with Carmel. We were told to meet the driver in one spot, but he went to another area and called upset that we weren't waiting for him. The Carmel driver for our return trip got lost and was more than an hour late. It happens, but no apologies or anything. To add insult to injury, his car had garbage and leftover food all over, and he drove like a maniac.

Dial 7 is fairly timely, the drivers are courteous and helpful, their cars are clean, and they drive safely.

Carmel was a tad less expensive, but I'd rather pay more for more professional service. We've got another trip planned and will be calling Dial 7.

I agree wholeheartedly. We have both a corporate Carmel and Dial 7 account for our office in NYC. I gave up on Carmel a few years ago. Dirty cars, unprofessional drivers wearing crappy clothes and late a lot of the time. Picking me up at JFK, they often didn't even help with luggage. We have shifted most of our NYC business almost exclusively to Dial 7.