Drinks or Food leaving cruise ship

matfel

We will be making a stop at Mahogany Bay in three weeks while on The Glory, we plan to make it a beach day, are we allowed to take tins of pop or bottles of water off the ship with us? Can we take containers of pringles 0r pre packaged snacks of with us? Just wondered

In most ports you are only allowed to bring pre-packaged/unopened items off the ship. This is all due to local agricultural laws, not the cruise lines themselves. It will posted in the daily newsletter what is and is not allowed. Normally anything such as fruits, meats, flowers, etc are not allowed.

Some ports do have dogs sniffing the bags coming off the ship to ensure nothing is being brought in that should not be. Cannot say about Roatan in particular since I will be there for my first time next week.

As long as the soda cans/bottles and water bottles and pringles tins are Unopened, you'll be okay. Sometimes the ship's security will take obvious things away. I don't recall any dogs sniffing bags in Roatan. If you have them in a backpack or big tote with a towel over them, you'll be okay.

They're not that bad, as I recall. Beer was reasonable. I don't recall snack items, just things like burgers and such. I think if you scroll around over on the Roatan forum, you might find some pictures of the menus at the beach. Buying the bottled water off the ship is a bit of a rip off, IMO. so hopefully you're bringing your own bottles/containers. Water out of the fountain's on the ship is good. But the nice thing about the beach at MBCC, is that you're a 5 minute walk back to the ship to eat lunch if you wish.

Yeah i will look for a menu, I really dont want to be carrying stuff all around with me, I figure they can eat a big breakfast and then if we need to get some fries or something to hold them over, oh well, it is vacation time, thanks,

We will be making a stop at Mahogany Bay in three weeks while on The Glory, we plan to make it a beach day, are we allowed to take tins of pop or bottles of water off the ship with us? Can we take containers of pringles 0r pre packaged snacks of with us? Just wondered

As long as they are packaged and sealed by the manufacturer (unopened) the items you described are OK! :)

A huge No-No to take off the ship is fresh fruit!

LuLu

• 4 weeks later...