Amsterdam cabin X3375

Would greatly appreciate comments re cabin C3375

Particularly re partial sea view and if lower promenade deck effected by early walkers in morning.

Enjoy your cruisers

:)

We were in 3384 with a fully obstructed view meaning looking straight out we saw steel, peeking to the side we could see sky. Yours should have a somewhat better view. Thhe obstructed view did not bother me as I just care about getting some natural light in.

Early morning walkers were never an issue and I don't recall hearing anyone out on deck while we were in the cabin. Some mornings they did wash down the decks and bulkheads but that was not too much of a bother.

I just answered you on the HAL Staterooms/Cabins Thread:)

Joanie

No need to apologize:)

The only info I have regarding the bank of staterooms that encompasses C 3375 is a report from a respected member of CC, Spinner2 from this past September. She states:

C 3372 through C 3376 Large Ocean View Staterooms Deck 3 Lower Promenade Deck

DD 3377 and DD 3378 Large Partial Ocean View Staterooms Deck 3 Lower Promenade Deck

[

WARNING: Joanie, we're aboard the Amsterdam now and while this isn't a photo (our cabin is a standard Lower Prom outside and I'm sure you have a multitude of photos of those) the cabin we have now has a noise problem that is not like any we've heard of. The sound, at ALL times, 24/7, resembles the chug-chug-chug of a train going by you a a good speed. That would be acceptable occasionally, but it hasn't stopped since we left Seattle and per Guest Relations, it's a "normal" ship noise; it's the casing on some engine, and it is not something to repair. But the constant, never-ending sound level makes it totally unacceptable. We need to warn people that on the Amsterdam, 3372, probably our neighbor 3374 and judging from the noise level (and the vibrations!) in the corridor, the block of 5 cabins starting at about 3368 and going aft to 3378 are not good assignments. It's the constant, never-ending noise that's the problem; it does improve slightly when the ship slows but returns to its standard chug-chug-chug with any pick up of speed. Other than that, it's the usual great cruise! Even if we get moved (right now there's no place to move to) that won't solve the problem for future cruisers. I have notified the Roll Call for the next cruise (assuming there is one; I'm pre-writing everything so I can just toss it up there when I go online) because they will be getting cabin assignments soon, if they don't already have them. Warning Dated 4 September 2011

Cruise Critic member: Spinner2

I have no other info regarding C 3375, I am sorry. I wish I could tell you more....

Joanie

Would greatly appreciate comments re cabin C3375

Particularly re partial sea view and if lower promenade deck effected by early walkers in morning.

Enjoy your cruisers

:)

• 5 years later...

We were in cabin 3378 on the Amsterdam from January-March 2017 on a 56 day segment of the world cruise. At three different times we had water gushing out of the ceiling. The first time was 2 weeks into are cruise at 3 a.m., the next was 2 weeks later, and then a month later, 4 days before we were going to end our cruise and they finally moved us to a different cabin. Each time they send the plumber to fix it, and he was taking yellow insulation that had black mold on it out of the ceiling. I ended up with a horrible respiratory problem that lingered after I got home.

We cruised last June on the MS Amsterdam to Alaska. We were assigned to cabin 3356 on the Lower Promenade. We had no issues with the early walkers with either noise or disruptions. Usually the early walkers are simply trying to get their laps in before breakfast.

We were a bit concerned at first with having an unobstructed porthole and the issue of privacy but we discovered the glass is a one way so no issues with looking into our cabin.

We had no problems with ship noises, odors or plumbing issues Seems like those issues are bit farther back.. We thought the cabin was small but comfortable enough and since we are active walkers loved the fact that the walking deck was only steps away. That was our first Holland America cruise and we are soon doing another.

Good cruising!