Newbie needs advice-Only sailed RCI in GS

Maineac

We have mostly sailed on RCI as it's worked well for our kids.

DH and I have decided that our next cruise should be just us.:p

Regent seems to be a "good fit" but I have some concerns.

We're looking at the Navigator 14 night Caribbean sailing in March or the Mariner 10 night Panama Sailing.

We have always stayed in a Grand Suite on RC and have enjoyed the balcony and the large bathroom.

Can anyone make a comparison on Regents cabins to the GS.

I've also been spoiled by not having to stand on my head to shave my legs.:eek:

How's the bathroom size and are they different between Cat.E-H?

If you had a choice of ships would it be Mariner or Navigator?

I thank you for your input.

Boy are you in for a wonderful surprise!

On Navigator you will need to do a "F" cabin to get a balcony.

On the Mariner you can get a "H" cabin and find it has just about as much room EVERYWHERE compared to the GS cabin you had on RCI.

Gosh two people can be in a Regent bathroom at the same time if they want to.

Don't forget the walk in closet.

As we have commented in some other threads.

D,E, F, G, H cabins are basically all the same on Mariner. Just location aboard the ship. Navigator are the same just don't have a balcony until you get to F cabin

Hello Maineac! I’m also new over here from RCI. Which ships have you sailed in the GS? I’ve been looking at the deck plans and cabin layouts here and am finding the standard cabin to be comparable to the GS we sailed on Adventure of the Seas…..except for the balcony which I’ve been asking about in a different thread here.

Boy are you in for a wonderful surprise!

On Navigator you will need to do a "F" cabin to get a balcony.

On the Mariner you can get a "H" cabin and find it has just about as much room EVERYWHERE compared to the GS cabin you had on RCI.

Gosh two people can be in a Regent bathroom at the same time if they want to.

Don't forget the walk in closet.

As we have commented in some other threads.

D,E, F, G, H cabins are basically all the same on Mariner. Just location aboard the ship. Navigator are the same just don't have a balcony until you get to F cabin

Thanks Jim.

Hello Maineac! I’m also new over here from RCI. Which ships have you sailed in the GS? I’ve been looking at the deck plans and cabin layouts here and am finding the standard cabin to be comparable to the GS we sailed on Adventure of the Seas…..except for the balcony which I’ve been asking about in a different thread here.

Greetings TRadle, We have sailed Voyager, Adventure and Serenade's GS.

So far, we've enjoyed the smaller ship Serenade. For us the smaller ships have a more intimate feeling with the sea.

Which ship are you looking at on Regent?

I was ready to book the Class C-Horizon on Voyager until I read about the vibrations. I read about them on the Celebrity board I then searched here and sure enough those aft cabins are said to shake. The Horizon cabins have balconies twice the size as the other cabins on this ship.

I think we’ve been spoiled with those large balconies on RCI. However, if I don’t have the family with me I don’t need rock walls, ice rinks, Johnny Rockets, or all those other amenities that my kids just love. I’d also like a smaller, quieter ship without constant announcements.

Do they have announcements on Regent? :eek:

I still say you all are crazy talking about the vibrations on the voyager. It's not bad at all!!! I was on last July in the Baltic on the top floor, middle, where I should have felt every vibration. Yes, felt a little one night, but we were hauling! And it wasn't enough to keep me awake, and I'm a LIGHT sleeper!

As for the announcements, no, not really. Only when you've arrived at a port or if there's something important. And even then at the port arrivals, sometimes you have to even turn the television to a certain channel to hear it.

I still say you all are crazy talking about the vibrations on the voyager. It's not bad at all!!! I was on last July in the Baltic on the top floor, middle, where I should have felt every vibration. Yes, felt a little one night, but we were hauling! And it wasn't enough to keep me awake, and I'm a LIGHT sleeper!

As for the announcements, no, not really. Only when you've arrived at a port or if there's something important. And even then at the port arrivals, sometimes you have to even turn the television to a certain channel to hear it.

Not crazy, just a little concerned. I’m weighing the risk of having the shakes against the cons of a smaller veranda. I’m leaning towards the slight possibility of the shakes. :)

Announcements vary from ship to ship. On the Paul Gauguin there practically non-existent. On Navigator, and I think Voyager, there was one when we came into port, with times, and any instructions. That's it!

I will be in steerage forever, but I would certainly try a Horizon Suite if offered. On the other hand, the minimum balcony cabins are really nice. If I ever book Mariner, it would be an H, although G is recommended on Voyager. I find the balcony plenty big enough for two, although I admit my husband is not really a balcony person. The bathrooms are a good size--can't comment on Mariner.

Archived