Cheap, descent hotel in Charleston?

CruiseMom87

We have decided to park at the port (unless I can find a hotel that does stay and cruise cheaper than $200 for us). Anyone know of a hotel close to port that is descent and $100 or less a night? I'm getting anxious to find one. I don't know anything about the area and I don't want to stay in a bad area.

We have stayed at the La Quinta Inn Riverview where they allowed us to leave our car parked for the duration of the cruise for no additional charge. That was a few years ago. They don't have a shuttle but a cab was around $15 one way. Also the Comfort Suites West of the Ashley offers a park and cruise package that does include a shuttle to and from the pier.

We booked the Sleep Inn on Savannah Highway a month or so ago for our cruise leaving July 20. It includes parking, hot breakfast, free WiFi and shuttle to the port. It does not include a shuttle back to hotel but they will send shuttle for $10 but not sure if that's per person or per couple. The price was $110 for a king room...with tax it is around $130. It gets good Trip Advisor reviews.

We have decided to park at the port (unless I can find a hotel that does stay and cruise cheaper than $200 for us). Anyone know of a hotel close to port that is descent and $100 or less a night? I'm getting anxious to find one. I don't know anything about the area and I don't want to stay in a bad area.

It's going to be tough to hit your price point of $100 close to downtown unless you try naming your price on Priceline. Select the historic district or Charleston Riverview areas. Keep the stars 3 or greater.

You could look at the Hotels on Lockwood Drive or along Savannah Highway in West Ashley. Another close in area is Mt. Pleasant on Johnny Dodds Blvd area close to the Ravenel Bridge. Those are all good areas.

Are there any Park and Cruise hotels NORTH of Charleston (towards Summerville) that anyone could recommend? My wife and I are taking a post Christmas cruise and frankly I despise the City of Charleston and have no desire to get near downtown.

I was hoping to find a hotel closer to Summerville with a Shuttle service or at least with parking services. To me it is worth the added price not to have to deal with going into the city, or the parking hassle at the port.

Are there any Park and Cruise hotels NORTH of Charleston (towards Summerville) that anyone could recommend? My wife and I are taking a post Christmas cruise and frankly I despise the City of Charleston and have no desire to get near downtown.

I was hoping to find a hotel closer to Summerville with a Shuttle service or at least with parking services. To me it is worth the added price not to have to deal with going into the city, or the parking hassle at the port.

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites on Ashley Phosphate has shuttle both ways. Here's a link to the package on the Charleston CVB web site,

http://www.charlestoncvb.com/visitors/special_offers/packages/stay/park_and_cruise_package_holiday_inn_express_suites_charleston_ashley_phosphate~3017

wow, tell us how you really feel about Charleston. Can't say I've ever heard anyone say the despise Charleston before.

Oops I gave you the hotel in the wrong direction. Summerville is WEST of Charleston. You wanted NORTH. NORTH is Georgetown or Myrtle Beach! :D

Oops I gave you the hotel in the wrong direction. Summerville is WEST of Charleston. You wanted NORTH. NORTH is Georgetown or Myrtle Beach! :D

Well I was going by the direction in the names of the hotels. Here is the one I'm considering..

http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/north-charleston/chsnr/hoteldetail/hotel-packages

When you subtract the cost of parking at the port and the aggravation involved in that experience it sounds like a deal to me.