Christmas cruise w/2 kids

Pinkchocolatecrystal4

Just starting the initial planning. I'm thinking of taking the family of 4 (parents and 4yr old Girl and 8 yr old boy) on a Christmas cruise. The kids have been on NFL to Mexico this yr. Looking at going in 1-2yrs. Can anyone tell me what it's like cruising on a major holiday. Special events? Things to consider?

You'll love it! We've been on many Christmas cruises and really enjoyed them. Bring small gifts for Christmas Day that they might find useful on the trip. We found travel days during the holiday much more stress free. When your family is with you on the trip, all the Christmas cooking is already taken care of by the ships staff, and you can spend time with your family.

All of the holiday related work is done, and you just enjoy the family time together.

Graham

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just booked our first Christmas cruise last week, and are super excited. For the past few years, we have hosted Christmas at our home for the entire family and by time everyone left we felt like we needed a holiday. So next year, we are going to try something different and go away! The one thing is - prepare for sticker shock. We have gone on three Thanksgiving cruises so we're expecting some higher rates for Christmas, but wow - they were really, really high! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our holiday cruises have been on Carnival. The ship is decorated beautifully. The kids practice for and perform in a Christmas day show. Santa appears on Christmas Eve. There was snow in the atrium one night, caroling another, Christmas crafts another day etc. They even had a non-denominational service Christmas eve around 5 pm in one of the lounges.

We planned in advance and made all their gifts small in size (not price tag!) - 3DS, camera, puzzles, pjs', etc. I packed it all in one suit case with gift bags, two rolls of wrapping paper cut in half, a bag of bows etc. We took stockings and a small pop-up 4' tinsel tree (they now have to be flame retardant) so that santa could deliver as normal. We also had gel stickers shaped as lights on the mirror and window. The room was quite festive and it was wonderful to have room service deliver and all relax on the bed as we opened gifts.