Hyatt Regency Nice from Monte Carlo Cruise Terminal

Pablos

I am due to dock at Monte Carlo and have booked to stay a couple of nights at the Hyatt Regency Nice. I was considering taking a cab from the Port to the hotel. Does anybody know how much a cab fare is likely to be or if there any better alternatives available?

Taxis in that part of France/Monte Carlo are pretty expensive. You can expect to pay about 60-70 Euros for a taxi to Nice, but it is the most efficient option. There are some other options (such as using the public bus or train) but they are not reasonable for most folks who are also dragging luggage.

In your situation we would explore the price of renting a car in Monte Carlo to drive to Nice...and we would then keep the car for our stay and later drop it at the Nice Cote d'Azur airport. This would resolve all of our transfer issues and give us use of a car while in Nice. Although there is no need for a car to drive in Nice, we love driving in France because there is much we like doing outside the city. For example, with a car, we would certainly visit St Paul de Vence, Eze and probably Antibes.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Thanks Hank your comments are appreciated. I think we will jump a cab as we are only staying the one night. 70 Euros doesn't seem that bad, we were contemplating a limo supplied via the Hotel, this is around £150 Euros but a cab will suffice I think.

Best wishes,

Paul.

• 1 year later...