Marriott Grand Cayman

cheunglam

This post is more of a FYI. I was trying to find out if GC Marriott offered Day Use Passes of their facilities to cruise passengers as I read in Cruise Critic the Marriott and Westin offered such a service. Anyway, here is the reply I received from the Hotel:

Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort: Good afternoon! Unfortunately we do not offer day passes at our property, not even during low season. All facilities of the Hotel are for registered guests only.

So, just a FYI in case anyone was wondering about spending the day at the GC Marriott.

The beach directly in front of the Marriott was virtually non-existent when we stayed there in Sept, 2012 due to erosion. The beach to the north was in much better shape around the Reef Grill (Royal Palms)and nearby condos though.

There was a rumor the beach would be reclaimed by early 2013 - not sure if that ever took place?

• 2 weeks later...
All of GC beaches are public...you don't need a "pass" to go to any beach. All have lounger/umbrella rentals...restrooms, food/drink are near by.

Some people look for different things at ports,including a hotel day pass. It's not everyone's choice, but these boards are for information. Yes, we know you can find a free beach, but that wasn't the point of this post.

Unfortunately I've read several of your replies to posts, and they don't add much.

Thanks to the original poster...I had been searching for this option in Grand Cayman, and now I know the Marriott is out. I appreciate the information.

All of GC beaches are public...you don't need a "pass" to go to any beach. All have lounger/umbrella rentals...restrooms, food/drink are near by.

I assume you meant the beaches that are home to beach clubs and/or hotels have the amenities you mentioned available for rent. Not all beaches have amenities, some are missing these, thankfully.

• 2 weeks later...