Anyone try having a Live Event Painter?

I'm getting married in December 2015, and we had a idea to have alive event painter at our wedding. However, the cruise ship says they don't allow it:

"We have a policy that does forbid liquids to be brought onboard. Unfortunately they would not be able to bring paint onboard. Also it may be a liability if the paint were to spill. The guests however are able to take pictures, just as long as it is not on a professional camera."

Just wondering if anyone else has tried? I kinda understand the no paint, but the painter would just be there as a Non-Sailing Guest. I do see that other ships have painting classes. Plus, I'm pretty sure they could lay down something to protect the floor.

Any thoughts? Think I should keep trying or just let it go?

I'm getting married in December 2015, and we had a idea to have alive event painter at our wedding. However, the cruise ship says they don't allow it:

"We have a policy that does forbid liquids to be brought onboard. Unfortunately they would not be able to bring paint onboard. Also it may be a liability if the paint were to spill. The guests however are able to take pictures, just as long as it is not on a professional camera."

Just wondering if anyone else has tried? I kinda understand the no paint, but the painter would just be there as a Non-Sailing Guest. I do see that other ships have painting classes. Plus, I'm pretty sure they could lay down something to protect the floor.

Any thoughts? Think I should keep trying or just let it go?

I doubt the whole paint thing would fly getting through security. Perhaps get a photo that you really want during the reception and have it painted afterwards? I'm not sure which cruise line you're getting married on but the receptions aren't very long. I had a friend in Charleston who had a live painter at her reception and he was there several hours.

Let it go.

Your biggest day in your life and you want to spoil it by smuggeling "illegal" stuff onboard. Forget it and spend the money you save on buying drinks for your guests. Also who is going to sit for long periods when there is so much fun going on all around.

Also you have to consider that cruise shipsare private property and the cruise line has a monoply on what businesses are operated either by the cruise line or as a francise. The painter could be in serious trouble, dumped in a foreign port. all his materials confiscated including paintings.

Let it go. Enjoy yourself, as others have suggested tale lots of photos and then do a sitting with your painter once back on dry land.