Bermuda Cruise out of Bayonne/Cape Liberty

sunflower47

We are planning our first cruise to Bermuda out of Bayonne NJ on either Royal Caribbean or Celebrity for September of 2012. Celebrity is 6 days with 2.5 days in Bermuda and RCI is 5 days with 1.5 days in Bermuda, Celebrity is $160 cheaper. Celebrity is the exact week that I want and RCI is the week before but gives me 3 extra days off after coming home due to the Labor Day holiday.

My first question is should I wait awhile to book to see if RCI will have my exact week? Right now they are only showing 7 day cruises for Sept) and we have to book the last week of August to get the 5 day.

The real difference between these 2 is the ship. The RC ship has the rock wall, ice skating, mini golf, etc and that's why it's more money. Not sure we would even use most of the extra bells and whistles by DH likes the idea of the bigger, more modern ship.

Second, anyone ever take both cruises and which one is better or are the really the same? The extra time in Bermuda sounds wonderful.

As first time cruisers we want to take this trip to Bermuda w/o the hassle of the flying to our port first. We want to drive an hour to the port and get on the ship and start or vacation. If we like cruising then we will do future cruises from different ports. We just want to concentrate on the boat for the first time and not worry about airport time travel, possible delays, TSA, 3 oz bottles, parking at the airport etc.

Thanks in advance. :)

My first question is should I wait awhile to book to see if RCI will have my exact week? Right now they are only showing 7 day cruises for Sept) and we have to book the last week of August to get the 5 day.

The real difference between these 2 is the ship. The RC ship has the rock wall, ice skating, mini golf, etc and that's why it's more money. Not sure we would even use most of the extra bells and whistles by DH likes the idea of the bigger, more modern ship. :)

Celebrity is more upscale, and more nonsmoking, more service. More dressy on formal nights, and a little older crowd.

I dont think the only real differences between RCL and Celebrity are the ships, though both have beautiful ships.

I think if you wait a month all of the cruises will be released if you cant see the dates yet for what you want? There may be some not yet released.

Also consider cruising to Bermuda from either New York or Boston. The only real hassle from New York is the price of parking and ncl Dawn sails every week from Boston and the price for parking is only about $105 for the week. Whatever ship you choose, Bermuda is great.

I will never understand why people book w/ RCL to go to Bermuda. 1 1/2 days in Bermuda is just not enough. Talk about a waste of $$$$ I would definitely book Celebrity.

Because some people have been to Bermuda several times and think that the Explorer has more to offer in terms of activities on board. I have been on several RCCL cruises and Celebrity cruises as you can see from my signature. Even 1 day in Bermuda is good for me. Been there and done that many times. What is considered a waste of money to you is worth it to me. Everybody has a different reason...

Archived