Oasis excursions

Redhead65

My family is taking our first cruise at the end of May and I have yet to book any excursions. Oasis stops in Haiti and I am not sure if I want to stay at the beach all day. If we get off and decide an hour later we want to get back on the boat, can we? I read that the stop in Haiti is where you must take a small boat to shore. We have budgeted $100/day for family of 3 (one daughter who is 10) and figured we would just get off at a port and wonder around. With only $100/day, I thought we should keep it as cheap as possible for any shore activities. Any comments would be helpful for our first cruise.

welcome to cruise critic

there is no ruling about how long you should stay ashore -- you can get on and off the ship as many times as you want and for however long you want to be off

you might want to ask the question about haiti at these locations:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=83

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

The tender is not a rowboat...it's big "people" ferry!---and, you don't "tender" to Labadee anymore...they built a dock! So, you can walk on and off the ship whenever you like! You don't have to stay all day...you don't have to go ashore at all, if you don't want to! On Labadee, there's no need to do ANY excursion at all! (Same with any port, actually!) Labadee is a beach day, pure and simple!

A guidebook will really help you get the most from your other port days....you may find you don't need to do formal excursions at all! But, you do need info on where you're going...go to a library and pick up a guidebook!

Archived