Mobility Scooter out of Long Beach

CBosch

Approximately, how much is a scooter rental out of Long Beach/LA for an 8 day cruise?

My mom is taking me on my very first cruise but I am needing a scooter. I we are going on the Carnival Miracle at the end of September. I am very much looking forward to my first cruise but trying to get a heads up on what I need to do for traveling with a scooter since this is my first time. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and wisdom.

C Bosch

Approximately, how much is a scooter rental out of Long Beach/LA for an 8 day cruise?

My mom is taking me on my very first cruise but I am needing a scooter. I we are going on the Carnival Miracle at the end of September. I am very much looking forward to my first cruise but trying to get a heads up on what I need to do for traveling with a scooter since this is my first time. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and wisdom.

C Bosch

Carnival uses carevacations.com or specialneedsatsea.com as their preferred providers of mobility aids. When renting from them, the scooter can be delivered to the ship and waiting in your cabin, and be left there when the cruise ends. Contacting either one will get you rates for your cruise. Just remember that you cannot leave the scooter in the hallway, it must be stored in your cabin, and without an accessible cabin, the doorways may be too narrow to allow the scooter to go through without taking it apart, and there will be little room inside the cabin.

My 7-day cruise last summer, round-trip from Vancouver, was about $175 from Special Needs at Sea. My 14-day cruise out of Seattle was only a little more expensive.

The deliver/pick-up charge is a significant portion of the overall cost. Round-trip is less expensive than one-way.

If you are doing a round-trip cruise, then I would figure in the neighborhood of $200. But do call both companies mentioned above to get their price for you. the weight limit of the scooter can make a difference in the price, too.

Though RuthC posted prices she paid for scooter rentals it needs to be noted that the cost of rentals are based on several factor and the rental company has the final decision on the type of scooter that will be provided.. Prices can vary between rental providers as well as can vary for each person renting the scooter .

Some of the variable that determine rental cost are:

• Port of Embarkation
  • Port of Disembarkation Round trip same ports are cheaper than if scooter has to be delivered and picked up at different ports
  • Weight capacity of scooter
  • Weight of the end user
  • Height of the end user
  • Number of cruise days
  • If insurance is being purchased

What type of cabin do you have? Only a very few scooters can fit thru regular cabin doors. Scooters cannot be stored in the hallway.

Also scooters cannot be taken in the tender in Cabo.

ETA--- confirm which ship you're on. The Miracle is doing 7 day cruises in September.

Edited by SadieN

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we are thinking about doing the world cruise but my husband will be in a wheelchair and i am terrified, getting off in ports, getting on a tour bus this is new to both of us. Will it be as hard as i think it will be? :(