Jungle Queen with luggage?

afto

Hello,

We are arriving at Port Everglades (in December) and flying out from FLL at 3:30pm. We would like to do the 11:00am 90-minute cruise on the Jungle Queen on the way to the airport. (I have taken this trip before, and enjoyed it so I have talked DH into it.) I am not sure whether to take the cruise line excursion which includes an airport drop-off or, for quite a bit less money, book the Jungle Queen directly and take cabs. We will have our luggage with us (2 cases plus carry-ons), and the Jungle Queen's web site says that they will store luggage on board. But I am not sure how much of a hassle this would be.

Hoping that Cruise Critics can help me figure out what is best; thanks for your responses.

Hello,

We are arriving at Port Everglades (in December) and flying out from FLL at 3:30pm. We would like to do the 11:00am 90-minute cruise on the Jungle Queen on the way to the airport. (I have taken this trip before, and enjoyed it so I have talked DH into it.) I am not sure whether to take the cruise line excursion which includes an airport drop-off or, for quite a bit less money, book the Jungle Queen directly and take cabs. We will have our luggage with us (2 cases plus carry-ons), and the Jungle Queen's web site says that they will store luggage on board. But I am not sure how much of a hassle this would be.

Hoping that Cruise Critics can help me figure out what is best; thanks for your responses.

I would call Jungle Queen and ask them. Alternatively, could you use the luggage valet program of your cruise line? That would take care of your suitcases; I don't think (having been on the Jungle Queen a couple of times) that your carry-ons would be a problem (but I would still check).

Hello,

Have you tried calling the Jungle Queen and asking them?

Have you tried calling the Jungle Queen and asking them?

Their web site does say that they will accept luggage and store it during the trip, but in the end I decided that taking two taxis plus hauling luggage on and off the Jungle Queen, plus finding something to do to kill time (with luggage) prior to cruise departure was just not worth the hassle. With the cruise excursion luggage will stay on the bus, we do a bit of a sightseeing drive around Ft. Lauderdale, and end up at the airport.

I appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions. Thank you.