HUGE Price Increase !

Ykgorbie

Wow, am I ever glad we booked our March 15/15 cruise as far out as we did. Hubby and I booked the repositioning cruise on the Pride, a 14 day cruise from Tampa to Baltimore. Booked an aft extended balcony, category 8M for $3118 and prices now for an 8K (no 8M's left) is $4528 ! Doin' the happy dance already !

We also recently had a significant increase on our New Years Cruise. It jumped over $300 per person for our 8E balconies. We watched the New Years Cruise prices last year to see how they moved and they dropped like crazy from what I could see. This year they seem to only be going up. We still have lots of time though so who knows... I'll be happy either way. :)

Edited by MissKIA

We too booked the Pride Repo on 3/15/15 soon after it first opened. Thank goodness! Not only did the price skyrocket quickly, our category 8D has been sold out for weeks for parties of 2. In fact, there are only 7 categories of the total 23 (4A clear up to Grand Suite) still available to book for a party of 2. No OVs left and very few balconies. The only insides that remain are 4A on the bottom deck. I imagine at some point, Carnival will open the rooms that hold 3 and 4 for parties of 2 to book. Unreal how fast this cruise took off.

We too booked the Pride Repo on 3/15/15 soon after it first opened. Thank goodness! Not only did the price skyrocket quickly, our category 8D has been sold out for weeks for parties of 2. In fact, there are only 7 categories of the total 23 (4A clear up to Grand Suite) still available to book for a party of 2. No OVs left and very few balconies. The only insides that remain are 4A on the bottom deck. I imagine at some point, Carnival will open the rooms that hold 3 and 4 for parties of 2 to book. Unreal how fast this cruise took off.

It sure is - I don't remember seeing many itineraries that have filled up this quickly. The allure for us is the 14 night thing - we have to fly so far that we usually end up doing a B2B anyway, so this was great for us. Although....:cool:I am finding the airfares are really high for us to fly into Tampa and depart from Baltimore. Oh well, it'll be a great cruise !

It sure is - I don't remember seeing many itineraries that have filled up this quickly. The allure for us is the 14 night thing - we have to fly so far that we usually end up doing a B2B anyway, so this was great for us. Although....:cool:I am finding the airfares are really high for us to fly into Tampa and depart from Baltimore. Oh well, it'll be a great cruise !

I thought we had a long flight to and fro but oh boy, you are really making the haul for this cruise. :eek: The one ways for the States have opened for Tampa (except for SouthWest) - going to wait until the return from Baltimore is added before I really start shopping. But by doing dummy bookings on earlier dates, it really isn't that much more than round trip tickets for me. I have convinced myself that this itinerary is worth the extra cost though.

We booked the Splendor repositioning cruise in November 2014 that goes from San Juan to Miami. We booked in December and the price for our room is now more than twice what we paid. No ES OBC, but I am happy.

Same here. We are going right before you and for our category...it has more than doubled. We also booked early saver....no OBC....but at least we are not paying those insane prices they are asking now.:eek:

Although....:cool:I am finding the airfares are really high for us to fly into Tampa and depart from Baltimore. Oh well, it'll be a great cruise !

Look into flying into Orlando and renting a car one way. Might end up lower cost overall.

We also recently had a significant increase on our New Years Cruise. It jumped over $300 per person for our 8E balconies. We watched the New Years Cruise prices last year to see how they moved and they dropped like crazy from what I could see. This year they seem to only be going up. We still have lots of time though so who knows... I'll be happy either way. :)

Same here. I booked my 8E on the Breeze in January and it has gone up. But last year we did the Breeze and Christmas and it came down $700 for 3 of us?!?!?

Silly Q, but how do you know if it's a repositioning cruise and how do you get booked on these? This is something fb and I would love to do!

A repositioning starts at one port and ends at another. Our starts in San Juan and ends in Miami. It goes to islands that Carnival does not usually sail to. Our cruise goes to Dominica, Martinique, Grenada, St. Croix, and Grand Turk. I found out about it while reading John Heald's FB page. You get the best price if you book the first week or two that it is released. You can also go to some of the sites that sell cruises and they list the repositioning cruises available from all cruise lines.