Anybody Been on Sandbar Island Getaway Since March?

saus

I'm just trying to get a sense of what this excursion is like lately.

Judging from the pictures on Facebook, the cruise used to be very boozy, with copious amounts of rum punch being poured from pitchers.

The latest pictures show more families and people drinking beer.

Is this excursion family friendly? Is there little or no free rum punch?

Thanks for any information that you can provide.

If it's a "booze cruise", then I wouldn't think it's "family friendly"....either beer or rum will get you feeling pretty damn good!

Yeah, I'd rather not bring children along if there is still a lot of free rum being given out. But it appears the excursion may have been changed this spring?

Is there anyone out there who has done the getaway in the past month or two?

• 2 years later...

I've been on the tour 3 times. It's super fun!

FYI - There are two different versions of it now. The Getaway and the Adult Getaway. They both go to the same island but the adult get away is 15 mins longer. The Getaway is more for families and relaxation. The Adult is 21 and over and more for drinking, partying, dancing, etc.

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...

We think the beaches on Labadee are just fine! However, I'm kinda cheap....spending additional money for something that is already included in my fare just seems silly, to me!

We've always been able to find a good "spot"...away from the crowds, with shade for hubby, sun for me.....never felt the need to go elsewhere or spend money on anything but booze!

Hey, sorry for the late reply, it sounds like you might try Labadee first and then if you go back try the sandbar tour.

To answer your question, the beaches are sooo much better! However, I've been to a lot of beaches in my day and so I can be a bit critical about them. For one thing, when the ships come into Labadee, they stir up all the bottom silt in the bay with there thrusters. That ruins a lot of the visibility that gives them that sparkling, turquoise color. Also, Labadee is very crowded nowadays with two ships in port at the same time.

It's one of those, you get what you pay for.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...