Searching princess.com in a different currency

mahasamatman

Does anyone know if it's possible to search princess.com in a different currency? Specifically, I'm in Canada but would like to search in USD since I have credits in USD. I've tried a U.S. VPN, private mode, and different browsers, but somehow they still present everything to me in Canadian dollars.

Does anyone know if it's possible to search princess.com in a different currency? Specifically, I'm in Canada but would like to search in USD since I have credits in USD. I've tried a U.S. VPN, private mode, and different browsers, but somehow they still present everything to me in Canadian dollars.

I can only do it at work because our server is in the US. You could try an online TA site. Or one of the Price tracker sites. If you google cruise price tracker I'm sure you'll catch something.

• 1 month later...

So I found (what I consider to be) the best solution. Using tunnelbear, I was able to get to the U.S. site and create an account with a U.S. address. Now I can just log into either my Canadian or U.S. account and get the respective prices.

Google: tunnelbear

Works for me

So I found (what I consider to be) the best solution. Using tunnelbear, I was able to get to the U.S. site and create an account with a U.S. address. Now I can just log into either my Canadian or U.S. account and get the respective prices.

Great ideas...thanks!!

• 11 months later...
Google: tunnelbear

Works for me

Ok, so I downloaded the app and registered, etc. But can you explain to me how it works? Still gave me the same prices in Canadian currency.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why don't they offer the ability to pay in either currency like other cruise lines....?!

The website detects what country you're visiting it from and presents you with the local currency. You'd have to call and they can manually change the currency and give you a quote.

If you're signed in to Princess.com it will always give you prices in the currency for your registered address.

To use your VPN for a different currency, sign out (and make sure the 'Remember Me' box is not ticked), close your browser, change your VPN server to the country whose currency you want, reopen your browser and go to Princess.com.

If you're signed in to Princess.com it will always give you prices in the currency for your registered address.

To use your VPN for a different currency, sign out (and make sure the 'Remember Me' box is not ticked), close your browser, change your VPN server to the country whose currency you want, reopen your browser and go to Princess.com.

Doesn't work in North America. It picks up the IP address.

Doesn't work in North America. It picks up the IP address.

That's why I said to use a VPN server in the country whose currency you want - the IP address makes Princess' computer think your computer is in that country.

Thanks Bill, I finally managed to get the quote in USD. THEN I GOT AN EMAIL FROM tunnelbear letting me know that the free data was used up and if I wanted to continue I would have to pay for additional usage.

Ok, so I downloaded the app and registered, etc. But can you explain to me how it works? Still gave me the same prices in Canadian currency.

I use Tunnelbear on a desktop not a mobile device. Having said that, select United States on Tunnelbear, access the Princess website but do not sign in. Check cruise(s) of your choice and prices should appear in US$. When finished exit site and turn Tunnelbear off.

Thanks, I should have asked more questions. I already uninstalled Tunnelbear before checking here first. Maybe I can install again at the beginning of April now that you have explained how it works.

Sent from my iPad using Forums