Which hotel near PE overlooks port?

blonde375

Hello, we have booked a last minute trip on RCCL for 12/19. Looking for a hotel for 12/18 that offers free airport shuttle and breakfast for 2 adults and 2 teenage boys. Would love for hotel to overlook the port so that the boys can see ship in morning.

Which hotels should I be looking at? I'm used to planning 6-10 months in advance; this 45 day stuff has me frazzled to say the least :eek:! SO, thank you in advance for any help!:)

The two requests are not compatible. As commonly discussed here, Hyatt Pier 66, Hilton Marina and Embassy Suites have views of the port. But none of these have free shuttles. Taxi to these will be no more than $20. Before tip.

The Embassy Suites would probably be better for a family.

Edited by CruiserBruce

The Crowne Plaza would have one of the best views of the port if your room faces that way (failing that, the pool is on a terrace several stories up and faces the port). As with the others, you need to pay to get there, but it's not really that far from the airport, and it's right across the road from the port entrance.

Ah, ok, didn't know I was looking for the impossible!! Thanks!

You're not. Hyatt Pier 66 have a cruise and park package that includes parking for up to 10 days, breakfast, and a shuttle to the port.

The Crowne Plaza would have one of the best views of the port if your room faces that way (failing that, the pool is on a terrace several stories up and faces the port). As with the others, you need to pay to get there, but it's not really that far from the airport, and it's right across the road from the port entrance.

You can see the port from the Crown Plaza?

The Embassy has views and free breakfast.

You can see the port from the Crown Plaza?

The Embassy has views and free breakfast.

Being a local, I'm surprised you would ask that. You are aware of the location at State Rd 84 and US1, right across from the port gates? I know it's only about 5 years old though. Yes, the ES has views if the rooms face that way. At least the CP has the opportunity to go out on the pool terrace and look at the port if your room happens to face north.

Regardless, the ES is a fair amount cheaper the night the OP is looking for so probably a better choice.

The OP is not asking about parking, but about an airport shuttle.

Many of the hotels have a cruise and stay package at an upgraded price that doesn't compare favourably to just taking taxi's. And we are staying 2 nights pre-cruise and they charge that upgrade fee on both nights lol.

Many of the hotels have a cruise and stay package at an upgraded price that doesn't compare favourably to just taking taxi's. And we are staying 2 nights pre-cruise and they charge that upgrade fee on both nights lol.

I agree, and that is why I constantly tell posters here to not focus on shuttles. Taxi is cheaper and easier.