Disney Magic Room 2558 and 2560

luv2vacation12

Hello all.

I was wondering if anyone has stayed in these rooms recently.

Lots of places I see the deck plans say they are not connecting, but Disney says they are.

Just wanted a little additional confirmation.

Thank you!

Rooms 2558 & 2560 do not connect. Who's telling you they do?

Here's the deck plan for the Magic, rooms that connect have a little arrow in the connecting room pointing toward each other (like rooms 2571 & 2573):

21j7yc5.jpg

The TA is says the asked Disney and Disney says the do connect.

Also when I look at the interactive deck plans on Disney.com and hold my mouse over that cabin the bubble says it does connect, but the non-interactive deck plans on disney.com say it doesn't connect.

It is confusing.

The TA is says the asked Disney and Disney says the do connect.

Also when I look at the interactive deck plans on Disney.com and hold my mouse over that cabin the bubble says it does connect, but the non-interactive deck plans on disney.com say it doesn't connect.

It is confusing.

I can't find any interactive deck plans on Disney.com. When I search it just takes me to the DCL website, and that picture I posted is the deck plans there. Rooms 2558 & 2560 will be on the starboard side and do not connect according to all the sites I can find.

I was able to bring up an interactive map for the Magic when I went to Chrome, and it's all mixed up. It has the rooms with numbers beginning with 25** on the port side and that's not right.

The Magic had re-imagining not too long ago, and some new connected rooms were created. Here's a list of the new connecting rooms:

6rnj1u.jpg

I found this on another Disney info site:

Secret Connecting Staterooms

These aren’t so much “secret” as hard to discover. When the Magic went through its extensive refurbishment in 2013 Disney put in 44 new connecting doors, which are not marked on the downloadable deck maps available on Disney’s public website. The new connecting rooms can be found on the frustratingly tiny interactive deck plan you can view on the Disney Cruise Line web site, by slowly hovering your mouse over each room and looking for the “Connection to: xxxx” note at the bottom of the pop-up description. Alternatively just ask a travel agent to find you two connecting staterooms; it’s significantly easier. The maps they can download from the Disney travel agent website show the new connecting rooms.

Another semi-secret stateroom connection exists on the Dream, Fantasy and reimagined Magic: nearly any two (or more) adjacent verandahs along the straight sides of the ship (and many along the stern) can be connected by folding back the dividing panel. The primary exception is deck 10 on the Dream and Fantasy, which has solid steel dividers roughly every other room because of structural requirements for the deck above. There are also a handful of others on other decks, on the “corners” of the ship where the space is just too narrow to put an divider that can open. But other than those exceptions, they all open. To connect the verandahs, ask your stateroom attendant; they have a special key that unlocks the divider. Once it’s open, the two rooms share one long verandah, and they become effectively connecting staterooms. If you have a whole bank of adjacent rooms, you can fold back all the dividers and make one really long verandah. It’s actually much easier to get between the staterooms via the verandahs than it is with the regular connecting doors, because the verandah doors have handles on both sides. In contrast, if you want to keep two “official” connecting staterooms accessible to each other, the connecting doors must be propped or otherwise kept from closing fully, because there are no door handles on the outer side of connecting doors.

So I am pretty confident that they are connecting now and the downloadable maps are incorrect.

Thank you

Interesting that they say "nearly" any connecting rooms on the Magic have the removable balcony dividers. We were on the Magic in May 2014. The balcony dividers on either side of our room were the standard "fixed" ones, not removable. We were NOT in one of the newly reimagined connecting rooms, so possibly only those rooms have the new dividers. I can't say which rooms have them and which don't. What I can for sure say is that connecting rooms on the Fantasy have removable dividers on the balconies and OUR connecting on the Magic did not have it.

Hello all.

I was wondering if anyone has stayed in these rooms recently.

Lots of places I see the deck plans say they are not connecting, but Disney says they are.

Just wanted a little additional confirmation.

Thank you!

I have stayed on the Magic after the refit on deck 2, but not in those staterooms.

I still don't think those cabins have an inside connecting door. If you are asking if the veranda's can be opened to make it connecting, then I refer to the other answers.

Edited by shellyc

• 1 month later...