Cambria Suites or Miami Intercontinental

southt00

Hi. Need some advice please. Currently have rooms booked for a precruise stay for March 1. We are two couples travelling. Please let me know which hotel you would pick and if the price is appropriate for each hotel.

Cambria Suites, new hotel in the Blue Lagoon area by the airport. $120 plus tax.

Miami Intercontinental, downtown, $218 plus tax.

We are trying to be spend conscious but don't mind spending extra if the value is there.

Any advice is welcome.

Thank you in advance.

T.

Edited by southt00

It depends -- arriving late afternoon/early evening and just want dinner and a clean room? :confused: Choose the Blue Lagoon area hotel.

Arrving earlier in the day and want to see some of Miami and maybe Miami Beach? Spend some time in a very nice pool, or maybe enjoy some nightlife? Is a view of the ships in port when you wake up iportant? :confused: Choose the IC or another downtown hotel (Doubletree and Marriott are two other good options).

Good luck! :)

• 2 months later...
Please let us know how it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The new Cambria Suites is a nice hotel, but not really for pre-cruisers. You will need to a car to get around, as there is nothing within walking distance.

Service was great, the hotel was new and clean, but we found the rooms to be small (not really suites).

Would I stay there again? Probably when I visit Miami, but not when I'm cruising.

The new Cambria Suites is a nice hotel, but not really for pre-cruisers. You will need to a car to get around, as there is nothing within walking distance.

Service was great, the hotel was new and clean, but we found the rooms to be small (not really suites).

Would I stay there again? Probably when I visit Miami, but not when I'm cruising.

Thanks for letting me know! We will have a vehicle since we are driving to the port from Ontario Canada. So location doesn't matter, price and safety do!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for letting me know! We will have a vehicle since we are driving to the port from Ontario Canada. So location doesn't matter, price and safety do!

If you get a good price, I would certainly recommend this hotel. When you exit the parking lot, take a right and it will lead you straight to a large Publix, a small shopping strip with restaurants and some fast food places.

Ask for a lake view room.