Music cruise

pn1

Trust this is the appropriate forum to ask this question but I've seen an advertisement for German music on a 2015 RCCL Allure of the Seas cruise from Barcelona.

It's a travel agent advertisement for a scheduled RCCL cruise. Bookings for the cruise are open through the RCCL website.

I really enjoy the music (having been to Oktoberfest last year) but wondered if the special interest music would be reserved only for the group concerned or would it be part of the general entertainment.

I suppose the same thing would apply to country music cruises and the like?

I don't know a word of German but would be happy to sit down with the crowd and enjoy the atmosphere, as I certainly did in Munchen last year.

I'm a RCCL Crown and Anchor member and have felt most comfortable on their cruises.

Any tips/suggestions/advice would be most appreciated.

Paul (in Australia)

It will almost certainly be a group put together by that agent, you will have to book through them and there may be a stiff group premium- that's common with dance groups.

Many people in Germany, especially young people, speak excellent English (better than some that I've heard on RCCL!).

It will almost certainly be a group put together by that agent, you will have to book through them and there may be a stiff group premium- that's common with dance groups.

Many people in Germany, especially young people, speak excellent English (better than some that I've heard on RCCL!).

That's what I thought; it would appear to be effectively a private charter with entertainment of part of the cruise rather than part of the general entertainment?

Might be inclined to book the cruise anyway and we what happens? No doubt there will be plenty of other entertainment and things to do on the cruise?

• 1 month later...

Check out a company called Sixthman. They do music themed cruises. We did the Kid Rocks Chillin the Most Cruise on Carnival and Norwegian and it was unlike any cruise we've ever done. Basically a music festival on a ship. Most fun I've ever had. Sixthman charters a ship and sells the rooms for like 3 times what they'd charge without music..... But we'll worth it Bands played from 10 am till 3 am and there were at least 3 bands playing at any time.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny.... we booked a June 7 cruise out of Barcelona for my son's high school graduation. On our roll call someone mentioned this is an Octoberfest music cruise. Hmmmm..... not everyone on our roll call was aware of this. I am not sure if a certain travel agent or group has the numbers to book 6000 people. I would guess that it's a group that will have some select venues for their cruisers - not a whole ship-ful though. On the other hand, this ship is pretty full being this far out, so what do I know?