St. Johns NB Photography excursion review

junior8

Just thought I would share a few words about the St. Johns NB photography excursion through Royal Caribbean. It was a wonderful experience. I was on the recent Bermuda cruise that wasnt!! LOL

I'm just a novice at photography. I use a Canon Exilim camera (regular point and click) which is a few years old and my cellphone camera. So I am by no means an expert. I was looking for a partial day tour that would give me time to also explore the port area on foot after the tour. I decided to take the photography tour because I wanted to go to scenic places and not follow the everyday places tourists visit. It was like $89.00 and was 3.5 hrs, which left me plenty of time afterwards to explore on my own.

So we had to meet at 10:15 in the terminal. I met this lovely couple from....wait...Canada. Ottawa, I believe. Yes they flew down to NJ to take a vacation to Canada. They were great sports though. They said it wasnt what they wanted (as almost all of us did) but looked at it like "we would never have come to Halifax or St. Johns for vacation so its an experience we would never have done". Anyway, I waited and then they called our tour. We had 18 on the tour and was a minibus seated like 20-24.

The tour bus driver, darn, I cannot remember his name. But he had been doing the tour for 15 years and told me the guide, Lance Timmons, will not shut up for the whole 3.5 hours. :eek: :) He was right!! However,

Lance was awesome. He is a professional photographer and a teacher of photography. He was knowledgable about St. Johns NB and its history. He stated he had also studied history in college. Offered guidance to all, no matter what type of camera you used.....even the cellphone camera. He never hesitated with any question, you could see he loved to teach and loved photography. He also offered some stories about his journey into photography, which were very interesting.

We did not go to to many places but I'm sure we went to the more photographic ones. Reversing falls, LaPro (spelling?) Falls, Dipper Harbor and St. Johns West Beach (I cant remember exact name). All really nice. Here is a link to 4 pictures I took

https://ccstjohnsnb.shutterfly.com/pictures/8

I would highly recommend this tour to anyone, not just those interested in photography.

It was Saint John, New Brunswick you visited. And it is Point Lepreau.

Was this the cruise to Bermuda that ended up as a cruise to Halifax and Saint John?

Looks like Lepreau Falls. Cruise ship passengers wouldn't be able to visit Point Lepreau (nuclear generating station).