Had a great cruise on the Millennium!

MSMcDuffy

Hi,

I recently returned from my first cruise on Celebrity. I've cruised with Princess four times and HAL twice. I know I'm still somewhat of a novice compared to many people here but just wanted to let you know I really like this cruise line. I've read often on these boards that Princess and HAL do Alaska best, but Celebrity was just as good. IMO there are only little differences between the three.

What impressed me the most was how the Millennium ran...as smooth as could be. I had heard very negative stories about this ship in the past-missed ports, cancelled cruises, etc, due to ongoing engine problems. I would avoid this ship whenever it came up with an itinerary I was researching (I usually choose my cruises by itinerary and not necessarily the cruise line). Well, whatever they did to correct the problem (a new engine, if I recall correctly) it worked! I couldn't even feel when the ship was pulling away from port, whether forward, backwards or sideways, unlike every other ship I've sailed. The service & entertainment were top notch. The show with Jocka & Maria was the best show I've ever seen on the seas and on land. Their Q&A session was entertaining, too. Also, being upgraded from an oceanview to a balcony was wonderful!:D

Cheers :)

Edited by MSMcDuffy

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed Millenium as we are cruising on her in Jan 15 and it's our first time on Celebrity too. We have cruised with Princess and RC and so we are really looking forward to trying Celebrity.

Hi and welcome back from your cruise!! :)

Great that you had a very enjoyable time on Millennium, and that you did not believe in some of the ridiculous horror-stories...

We really loved her sister, Celebrity Summit and have booked Millennium for Alaska 2015, and looking forward to a really enjoyable time.

You did also do Alaska, didn't you?