Hotel in Miami

Hippo2014

We are cruising out of Miami for our honeymoon and would like some recomendations on hotels. We are getting there a day early as not to have to get in any sort of hurry and will also be staying the night when we get back. I would like something nice and somewhere that we can go out and see the sights and have fun before and after our cruise. There are several hotels in and around the port area that look promising but I sure dont want to get there and find out that I have booked something aweful for our romantic vacation.

Brad

South Beach is the area you want - Miami Beach, not Miami. :cool: Think beach, dining, nightlife, fabulous pools, people watching, etc. ;) Miami Beach is the "Miami" you see in the TV shows and movies.

In downtown Miami, close to POM, for a honeymoon I would suggest the Intercontinental; you could also book into either the Doulbetree or the Marriott -- pay extra for a port view room, it is worth it! :)

I was looking at the Intercontinental. It looked like a very nice hotel in a great location. We are not much into the night life or the beach scene as much as the dining and the view... and maybe the pool... I also looked at the Mandarin Oriental but it was booked. This is 8 months out so it kind of surprised me. If anyone else has a suggestion please let me know. Right now I am leaning twords the Intercontinental.

Brad

Brad, I am sure the Mandarin Oriental is not booked but their web site is not showing the available rooms.

I would just call them directly to ask about their pricing.

Did you check out the Epic Hotel.

My honest opinion is that if either one of these hotels fit your budget I would go with them over the Intercontinental for your Honeymoon but if they don't then the Intercontinental is a nice choice.

You could also check out the Marriott Marquis which is located close to the Intercontinental and is much newer.

Keith

Thanks Keith. I will give the Mandrarin Oriental a call and see.. Will try the Epic too. Thanks for the advice. I am a little concerned with the price but its only 2 nights and its our honeymoon and she is shurly worth it.

:)

Archived