barcelona excursion

t4224t

Anyone know of an easier excursion in Barcelona? We can't walk too far, and most excursions are a number 2 on the NCL website. Any help, we are interested in the highlights of the city.

It depends what you want to see and how long you are going to be in Barcelona. Public transport is reasonably easy, as is the HOHO bus. Obviously taxis can take you directly to where you want to go. They are reasonably priced and readily available.

just a word on taxis-many taxi drivers don't understand or speak English well

write down the destination you want to visit preferably with the Spanish translation-for instance if you just say port you may end up at the airport instead of back at your ship!

there will be plenty of taxis lined up at the port where you can get to the main square Playa Catalunya where the HOHO buses originate

Why should taxi drivers in Barcelona speak English. Barcelona is in SPAIN. The official language is Castellano/Catalan. If you ask to go to Plaza Catalunya, Sagrada Familia or Parc Guell etc I really don't think they will misunderstand.

Why should taxi drivers in Barcelona speak English. Barcelona is in SPAIN. The official language is Castellano/Catalan. If you ask to go to Plaza Catalunya, Sagrada Familia or Parc Guell etc I really don't think they will misunderstand.

actually I don't expect them to speak English but didn't thank my pronunciation of Playa Cataluyna was that bad!

I had to write it down as I was getting blank looks

Edited by fabnfortysomething

If you asked to go to Playa Catalunya the driver may have been confused because playa would be the beach. Maybe the taxi driver figured you might have really wanted to go to Placa Catalunya (one end of the Ramblas and where the HOHO buses have ticket offices). Anyway, writing it down helps.

Anyone know of an easier excursion in Barcelona? We can't walk too far, and most excursions are a number 2 on the NCL website. Any help, we are interested in the highlights of the city.

what date are you looking for this information for? I'm also looking myself.

what dates are you looking for? I'm trying to find something myself for Barcelona.

• 2 weeks later...

I wondered about the same things you did. I ended up going with a private tour company named Barcelona Experience. They're more pricey than taxis or the HOHO bus, but if you find others to go with you you can seriously reduce the cost per person. Anyway, they speak perfect English....their two main guides are from the United States. You should at least check out their tours....http://www.barcelonaexperience.com. I've done the HOHO bus...it's fun, but not nearly as relaxing or as fun as a private tour.