Getting from airport to Galveston

Scarlett824

Last time we were in Galveston, we used Super Shuttle between the airport and the port. No problems at all.

I see Galveston Express mentioned here also.

Edited by clarea

Hey all. I've never cruised out of Galveston before. Wondering how difficult it is to get to the port from either IAH or Hobby. Not sure which we would fly in to. Advice??

We used both of these during our stay...one to return hire car to airport {spent few days in Galveston) and the other to return from cruise to IAH

TX airport transfers. Owned by Dwayne Johnson. Suggested by Hilton Galveston Island. Our driver was Marc. Reception called them for us. They called and left answerphone message on our room voicemail ( not too keen to call UK mobile phones). Gave time which we needed to confirm as acceptable. We called and changed from their suggestion . Marc the driver was friendly, polite and in the agreed place at car hire returns exactly on time.

The Pink Taxi Galveston. Owned by John and Tate.

The return trip was arranged by our daughter who had used John when stuck at Enterprise car hire Galveston...recommended by a fellow car renter.

John was amazing. Daughter texted as arranged when leaving ship. John could not park up for long, but was there on exit from baggage claim/ immigration. They waited short time for us to get through. John was friendly , reliable and very knowledgeable. He suggested a short stop at NASA en route to airport and gave so much information as we travelled. Lovely to meet a gentleman so passionate about his town.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We just returned from a cruise on the Breeze. We flew into Hobby and used Galveston Express to the port and on our return trip. No problems. They were early for the pick up and waited for everyone booked. We had time to make a stop on the way down at Buckees, a huge convience store. We had Amber for a driver, she was great. Return trip from the port also went well. I was concerned because at 9:00 our drivers wasn't there, I called and the person answering said there are two drivers set to pick up, and just as I called, someone pulled up. My correspondence said 9 to 9:15, so they were spot on. I would book with them again.