Car Rental Question - Need help please

cessnabmw

We plan to be in San Juan for 3 days prior to our cruise.

We will be flying in from Toronto.

Would we be able to rent a car at the airport and drop off at the Cruise terminal?

Which terminal will Carnival use when we embark?

Thanks!

I would say check Charlie car rental they are not at the cruise port but they do take you to the cruise port for free. Tell them you want to pick up at the airport and bring it to the cruise port. I do not know anything about ACE but if i am right they let you do it to.

I would say check Charlie car rental they are not at the cruise port but they do take you to the cruise port for free. Tell them you want to pick up at the airport and bring it to the cruise port. I do not know anything about ACE but if i am right they let you do it to.

Thanks. Took a quick look and they are prices at about $70 a day whereas Alamo is $21 for the same days.. :(

I have use Alamo they were OK. The only problem that I had with them was their E-z pass they told me that I own them $50 for the E-Z pass I do not know if I use that much in tolls. I know I went to the other side of Puerto Rico. I ask them to send me the receipt of the tolls that I made and they told me that they do not do that. So next time I go I will not use E-Z pass. When I went it cost $20 to get to the cruise port from the airport and $1 a bag.

Since you are on a Carnival- you embark right in Old San Juan- right across from the Sheraton.

And in that Sheraton, there's a Hertz counter- so you should be able to check if you can pick up at the airport and drop there. The one time we picked up there- they had to bring the car from the airport anyway. And they were late from my scheduled pick up.

But you should be able to drop off there.

Since you are on a Carnival- you embark right in Old San Juan- right across from the Sheraton.

And in that Sheraton, there's a Hertz counter- so you should be able to check if you can pick up at the airport and drop there. The one time we picked up there- they had to bring the car from the airport anyway. And they were late from my scheduled pick up.

But you should be able to drop off there.

Thanks. Will check with Hertz. We would fly in a few days before. Pick up at airport and return to port.

So, Carnival only uses the Port at OSJ and not Pan Am?

Thanks. Will check with Hertz. We would fly in a few days before. Pick up at airport and return to port.

So, Carnival only uses the Port at OSJ and not Pan Am?

Pan Am is Royal Caribbean and Celebrity.

• 1 month later...
We plan to be in San Juan for 3 days prior to our cruise.

We will be flying in from Toronto.

Would we be able to rent a car at the airport and drop off at the Cruise terminal?

Which terminal will Carnival use when we embark?

Thanks!

Your question is exactly what I am wondering about. We are cruising from Pam Am Terminal in December. Have you gone on your trip yet? What did you find out? Thanks.

I have use Alamo they were OK. The only problem that I had with them was their E-z pass they told me that I own them $50 for the E-Z pass I do not know if I use that much in tolls. I know I went to the other side of Puerto Rico. I ask them to send me the receipt of the tolls that I made and they told me that they do not do that. So next time I go I will not use E-Z pass. When I went it cost $20 to get to the cruise port from the airport and $1 a bag.

Hi JCool...we are thinking of also renting a car to go away from San Juan. We are going to be there 2 nights before the cruise. Do you think it is worth taking a day trip or just staying in the area? Thank you.

Hi JCool...we are thinking of also renting a car to go away from San Juan. We are going to be there 2 nights before the cruise. Do you think it is worth taking a day trip or just staying in the area? Thank you.

Definitely do a day trip. There is so much to see in Puerto Rico once you get out of San Juan. We liked it so much when we flew down for our cruise that my daughter and I went back and stayed for a week in January.

Definitely do a day trip. There is so much to see in Puerto Rico once you get out of San Juan. We liked it so much when we flew down for our cruise that my daughter and I went back and stayed for a week in January.

We have never ever been to San Juan. Therefore I would love everyone's opinion on what we should do. We are staying two nights. We may rent the car at the airport and return it to the port...however, there will be one day that we will have the car the entire day.

I would love recommendations of what to do that day (we are going to do the rain forest on disembarkation day and Old San Juan the day we fly in)... I would love suggestions of things to do away from the San Juan.....we could even spend the night on this day as long as we get back to the port by noon.

Thanks in advance...

Hi Ozarkmama... just wanted to reply to thank you for giving me your wonderful opinion.

If you're going to be renting a car, don't forget to check if your hotel has parking fees.

We're arriving on a Wednesday for a Saturday cruise. We will be staying out in Farjado, so we're renting a car. Unfortunately, we'll be paying $17/day to park, nearly as much as the car rental fee.

If you're going to be renting a car, don't forget to check if your hotel has parking fees.

We're arriving on a Wednesday for a Saturday cruise. We will be staying out in Farjado, so we're renting a car. Unfortunately, we'll be paying $17/day to park, nearly as much as the car rental fee.

Hi Cindy,

Thats a great point. We are staying at a hotel in the Miramar section that doesn't charge a daily fee. However, there is always the chance that we may stay one day in San Juan and the other day somewhere else just to get to know the island better....so you are right, I will check into added fees. Thank you.

By the way, why are you staying in Farjado, I am only asking because it might be more feasible to stay there.

Lydia

By the way, why are you staying in Farjado, I am only asking because it might be more feasible to stay there.

Lydia

This will be our third time leaving from San Juan. Previously, we stayed in Old San Juan and Condado, so this time we're branching out.

Also, we will have our kids with us this time, so we're going for the resort and the water park at El Conquistador, not to mention the BioBay and El Yunque and maybe Culebra.

I am hoping to get my 9 year old on a zip line, but he's not too keen on the idea yet.

This will be our third time leaving from San Juan. Previously, we stayed in Old San Juan and Condado, so this time we're branching out.

Also, we will have our kids with us this time, so we're going for the resort and the water park at El Conquistador, not to mention the BioBay and El Yunque and maybe Culebra.

I am hoping to get my 9 year old on a zip line, but he's not too keen on the idea yet.

Yes, I think the kids would definitly enjoy staying where there is a water park and being so close to El Yunque. Thanks....