Clam Shells on GSC

Abiding

I think I paid about $30 earlier this year. My wife wanted one and I will say, they are huge and pretty nice. Not much shade or trees on GSC.

GSC was amazing for a private island. You can see the RCL island and its tiny and not as built up at NCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Made a quick snapshot last month:

28ilsa0.jpg

This spot is next to the last small cabana (#25 I think?) and before getting to the lagoon. On the picture below it's the most right of the three indicated shady spots.

xp6nf6.jpg

The first two you will see/walk along are also great, closer to the buffet and bars (the small lagoon bar/buffet seems to only open when the larger ships visit?). I think those are the best free spots to get some shade that I saw.

Think about a small cabana; $199 with $50 credit. Bottled water, fruit plate, chips with dip, lots of beach towels, loungers, two floating mats, shower. Beverage service from the bar. Add it all up; 25 vs 149 and a great experience.

At any port of call you will spend more money than at GSC with transit, tips, fees for resort beaches etc to get a perhaps near similar experience. :)

Thanks for all that! Sounds like it would be a good investment! Any recommendation on which location to choose? We prefer a quieter area.

The quieter area was pass a little bridge. The first area had a lot of activity. Looking at the map it would be the opposite of the float area.

Edited by zlacruising

I also thought that they were $29.99, but according to the Shore Excursion booking sheet from the ship, they are $19.99.

img031_zps3477f692.jpg

I just got off the BA Sunday. I went to the shore excursions desk the night before GSC to ask about the clam shells and they told me $29.99. Since it looked that we probably wouldn't made it to the island because we had a rocky weather I did not rented it on the ship. We finally made it to the island and I rented one on the lagoon (not the best location) and the guy told me it was $19.99 and that was the slip I signed. When I got to the ship and I checked my account on the tv I saw $29.99 so I went to the excursions desk and told them and they adjusted the price to $19.99.

Cabana beach is a good location, it is a way from the main beach were the party is. The clam shells on the lagoon are facing west and in the afternoon the sun is in your face all the time, so you don't get any shade at all. We actually move ours. You can take the tram and tell them to drop you close to cabana beach. I think is stop #2.