Whisper Current Entertainment

DebbieH103

How is the entertainment on Whisper for 7 night cruises lately? For anyone that has been recently, can you be specific as to what was offered in the show lounge? Todd and I have been on a number of Silversea cruises, but our last cruise was on Seabourn Legend with Todd's mom and dad. We were sailing with them and Todd's cousin for this November cruise but switched to just Todd's mom and cousin when his dad went on hospice. Sadly, he died this week, and his mom has been through a long and terrible caregiver experience, plus we all loved him very much. These ladies have done Lots of Holland America and Celebrity in suites, and Cindy has done the Seabourn cruise, so she knows low-key entertainment small ship style. Patti (the cousin) has not been on a ship anywhere near this small, but she is just thrilled to have someone to travel with.

There are NO sea days on this itinerary, Two nights, we are in port until 11, and one night (St. Barths) is overnight. I know the BBQ will be one of those nights (not a fan). The ladies are doing a couple of silver collection excursions and the full day St. Lucia one that I recommended. We are fine with black jack and a drink, but they will want something that is at least a scheduled show after dinner.

Debbie,

First, sorry for your loss. Second, as a thought, you might want to post this on the Whisper Roll Call for a cruise two to three weeks prior to yours. We will be on the Southampton to Montreal cruise 9-26 Sept and I know there is a couple extending on to Boston. I suspect there may be a change in entertainers between our boarding and when the ship leaves NY for the Caribbean on 27 Oct. So you may have a relatively new group on in November. Enjoy your cruise with your family!

Greg

The Artists of SS, as they are called, do vocal shows. They are in costume for 2 of the presentations. The length of the cruise determines which shows/cabarets they do. There is no dancing as there was with the Jean Ann Ryan (the JARS) shows of years ago. The entertainment will change again later this year when SS switches contractors. You will enjoy them, I hope.

Ms. tape has described the shows well. On our last trip on Shadow I can say I really preferred the vocal/cabaret combination over the production shows. Seems to fit the smaller ship better. Our last cruise was on Oceania's Marina and while a great cruise and nice ship none of the three of us cared for the production shows. IMHO the reasoning may be as simple as: on a fixed entertainment budget you can buy 2 lead singers, 2 other singers, 4 dancers and a bunch of stage props -OR- you can buy 6 singers and minimal stage props. You lose the dancers and "production value" of the entertainment; but, I think you wind up with better quality singers. Just my opinion and my taste I know many really enjoy and would prefer the production shows. Those folks might not like the entertainment quite as much as we did.

duct tape: First, thanks for everything you arranged on our Cloud trip a few years back. Second, who are SS changing to and when? We're on Whisper next month. Are they changing the structure/entertainment concept or just changing sourcing contractor agency?

Thanks,

Greg