Dinner items on Sun-tried and true favorites

timkatmom

I know everyone has different taste in food. Most people that have cruised several lines do not rate NCL anywhere near the top. I have only been on two other NCL cruises, but 11 Carnival, as well as RCCL, Princess. I like Carnival's food the best, but NCL was not bad..

What are some really good items in the regular dining rooms (not specialty) that everyone seems to like? Or avoid? 13 more days for me!

To avoid: The MDR had a lasagna, I believe it had turkey in the meat sauce. It was awful. The other bad one we had was steak Diane. Also, the jade crew has no idea on how to make a brownie. We tried a few (mdr, buffet, specialty), all chocolate flavored but none were the right texture.

On the positive side we really enjoyed all the soups, salads, and starters in the MDR. I usually ended up getting 2 apps in case the entree wasn't great. Also the chocolate melting cake was the best dessert we had.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

the lamb chops which are becoming harder to find on NCL are always awesome. sometimes they are in teh MDR with a mustard sauce.

teh chocolate volcano cake is one of the few really good desserts.

we really like their caesar salad dressing on NCL. soups are usually good. i also love the greek salad.