Which onboard account funds get used first?

So we have a little OBC. I have prepaid DSC. I intend to put about $300 in our account ahead of the cruise - prefer to not use credit cards when we don't have to, personal preference. Have no problem waiting for NCL to refund unused funds.

When we purchase something onboard - coffee, bingo, etc... will they use the OBC first automatically? Do we need to indicate this somehow or visit guest services?

Thanks!

Your onboard account is like a separate debit account. You can load any money in you like via OBC or cash upon embarkation and all charges come out of it. There's no money used 'first'; simply set of credits and debits and at the end of the cruise NCL owes you back or you owe them.

As in previous post the only thing that makes a difference is non-refundable vs refundable OBC. And they handle that automatically; non-refundable is used unless it's for DSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 months later...
So we were going to get bottles of water for the room, would be be better off using the OBC for that once on ship rather than online?

best to purchase it on board to use the OBC. if you purchase it online, you will have to pay for it

So we have a little OBC. I have prepaid DSC. I intend to put about $300 in our account ahead of the cruise - prefer to not use credit cards when we don't have to, personal preference. Have no problem waiting for NCL to refund unused funds.

When we purchase something onboard - coffee, bingo, etc... will they use the OBC first automatically? Do we need to indicate this somehow or visit guest services?

Thanks!

Yes OBC first.