Russian River cruise Aug 2014

Rodbarry

• 2 weeks later...
We are excited about finding Volga Dream, 5 star boat and cruising b/w St Petersburg and Moscow, Aug 14th 2014...1 night package. Anyone else taking this? Rod and Barry Australia

Whoops, that should have read as 11 night package!! (not 1 night :)

• 4 months later...

We are going in July on the same cruise. Unfortunately, there are very few comments on CC for this ship. We are going based on numerous sources and hopeful it all turns out well. My only concerns are 1) there seems to be lots of cruising time between ports on a small ship 2) the age of river cruisers tend to be much higher than my family.

• 2 weeks later...
We are going in July on the same cruise. Unfortunately, there are very few comments on CC for this ship. We are going based on numerous sources and hopeful it all turns out well. My only concerns are 1) there seems to be lots of cruising time between ports on a small ship 2) the age of river cruisers tend to be much higher than my family.

Well everything I have read is very positive, maybe except for cabin space in the type of cabin we have...cheapest! But that doesn't worry us we are always up around the ship. Sure you will love the cruising, much of the time between ports will be at night. You will be fully occupied, never fear! Let us know your thoughts o your return..are you plat or gold? we took gold

Rod

Actually, there will be quite a bit of daytime cruising each day, due to the long distance covered, unlike most river cruises. We loved watching the riverbanks glide by, sometimes past villages, sometimes meadows and forest. It was very relaxing. And each port was fascinating in its own way.

• 2 months later...

Sorry Texas Outlaw, I meant Rodbarry who it seems should be back now unless they are staying on in Europe for awhile. Their post indicated they were going mid August. Just wanted to get feedback on their recent trip and I imagine you would like to hear as well. Happy sailing.

Sorry Texas Outlaw, I meant Rodbarry who it seems should be back now unless they are staying on in Europe for awhile. Their post indicated they were going mid August. Just wanted to get feedback on their recent trip and I imagine you would like to hear as well. Happy sailing.

Yes we have just finished the cruise. Spectacular! Volga dream is truly a beautiful experience Amazing food each night..mix of Western and Russian. 5 star dining. Staff are so friendly and engaging. St.Petersburg and Moscow are great and much better staying in the hotels in the cities rather than the other cruise lines where you stay onboard and have 2 hours travelling each day in city traffic.

Lectures and activities on board very interesting. I learnt enough Russian to manage simple conversations on land.

Villages on the cruise are simple and you only have four hours at each port but that is enough.

You will love it!

Rod and Barry

Rod and Barry,

Thanks so much for your reply! Glad you had a great time. Political situation is deteriorating. Any comments on how that affected y'all or not. Thanks so much!

No effect at all...we were very welcomed...none of the people care less about it...it's not an issue at all. The only people to stay away are the Americans! All other peoples are there enjoying it all. Most of the people on Volga Dream cruises are Aussies which surprised us, then Germans, Belgians and others. Do not put off your trip!