Red Stripe Beach

mominva

We just came back from our cruise which stopped in Jamaica on July 8, 2015. We got off the boat and walked to a green kiosk. There is a sign on the kiosk that says Red Stripe Beach. Prices are $29 per person which includes a bus ride there and back. Chairs are $5 each. There are a few trees and shade is limited.

I had thought that the port kiosk would be cheaper than RC excursion, but apparently it is one and the same. They took my room key to pay for the excursion.

We walked over to the bus and waited for more beach goers. The bus ride was 10 minutes. When you are ready to leave, there is a shaded waiting area with benches.

As the bus gets to the destination, a person opens a large gate to let the bus in. So, I assume only RC passengers on excursion are allowed in. It doesn't look like you can just take a taxi and get out there.

There are bathrooms, changing areas and outdoor showers. The swimming area is roped off and small. I saw people standing in the area outside of the roped off water.

There was a DJ that played loud music that teens enjoy. So, lots of teens were doing group dances. My 2 daughters loved that. Other people felt like it was too loud and prefer a quieter beach.

When we arrived, everything was pretty quiet. Shortly thereafter, the quinceaneras started coming. There were hundreds on our ship. I am not sure how many came to Red Stripe Beach, but there were tons. My kids loved hanging out my them because they love dancing.

My husband thought that it cost way too much to come to this beach. There were 5 of us. It is pretty. You can walk along the sand on either side of the beach. No one is around. It is just water, sand and bushes/trees that go almost to the shoreline. Very undeveloped and natural.

I did this excursion in January 2013 and loved it. We just wanted a relaxing beach day which is exactly what this was. Being there in January, the weather and temperature were perfect. Not too hot with a nice breeze. We set up our chairs in the shade and it was really nice. They served limited food and drinks, including soft drinks and Red Stripe beer of course. We had the jerk chicken, which was amazing. (They may have had other food like hamburgers but I can't remember?) Honestly, the jerk chicken was one of the best things we ate the entire trip. I'd go back just for that chicken. :)

We just came back from our cruise which stopped in Jamaica on July 8, 2015. We got off the boat and walked to a green kiosk. There is a sign on the kiosk that says Red Stripe Beach. Prices are $29 per person which includes a bus ride there and back. Chairs are $5 each. There are a few trees and shade is limited.

I had thought that the port kiosk would be cheaper than RC excursion, but apparently it is one and the same. They took my room key to pay for the excursion.

We walked over to the bus and waited for more beach goers. The bus ride was 10 minutes. When you are ready to leave, there is a shaded waiting area with benches.

As the bus gets to the destination, a person opens a large gate to let the bus in. So, I assume only RC passengers on excursion are allowed in. It doesn't look like you can just take a taxi and get out there.

There are bathrooms, changing areas and outdoor showers. The swimming area is roped off and small. I saw people standing in the area outside of the roped off water.

There was a DJ that played loud music that teens enjoy. So, lots of teens were doing group dances. My 2 daughters loved that. Other people felt like it was too loud and prefer a quieter beach.

When we arrived, everything was pretty quiet. Shortly thereafter, the quinceaneras started coming. There were hundreds on our ship. I am not sure how many came to Red Stripe Beach, but there were tons. My kids loved hanging out my them because they love dancing.

My husband thought that it cost way too much to come to this beach. There were 5 of us. It is pretty. You can walk along the sand on either side of the beach. No one is around. It is just water, sand and bushes/trees that go almost to the shoreline. Very undeveloped and natural.

Can you tell me more? Was there a bar/restaurant to buy food/drinks? Are the chairs to rent loungers or deck chairs? Is the beach clean? Sandy or lots of rocks?

We are still trying to decide what to do in Dec when we are there and there are so few choices for beaches to go to in Falmouth

Chairs are $5 each. They do sell food and drinks. I just bought a diet Coke in a plastic bottle for $3. It was lukewarm and came with a small cup of ice.

There is a roped off section to swim in. There were a lot of people in the water which made it a little murky and stirred up some seaweed. I don't think it was rocky; just seaweed was floating around.

If you looked at the water outside of the roped in area, it was clear and beautiful. This is not a developed area at all. I think they must have cleared out the beach just for RCCL passengers. On both sides of the beach is natural vegetation. You can walk along the sand on either side of the beach and the sand felt great.

The bathrooms and dressing areas are clean.

If we went back to Falmouth, I probably would go to Doctor's Cave in Montego Bay, just to try something different. It would probably cost more. There apparently is an entry charge and workers at the port said it was a $15 PP taxi ride. I didn't go ask the taxis how much it would cost a party of 5 to get there.

Chairs are $5 each. They do sell food and drinks. I just bought a diet Coke in a plastic bottle for $3. It was lukewarm and came with a small cup of ice.

There is a roped off section to swim in. There were a lot of people in the water which made it a little murky and stirred up some seaweed. I don't think it was rocky; just seaweed was floating around.

If you looked at the water outside of the roped in area, it was clear and beautiful. This is not a developed area at all. I think they must have cleared out the beach just for RCCL passengers. On both sides of the beach is natural vegetation. You can walk along the sand on either side of the beach and the sand felt great.

The bathrooms and dressing areas are clean.

If we went back to Falmouth, I probably would go to Doctor's Cave in Montego Bay, just to try something different. It would probably cost more. There apparently is an entry charge and workers at the port said it was a $15 PP taxi ride. I didn't go ask the taxis how much it would cost a party of 5 to get there.

Thanks, we have been to Doctor's Cave when we cruised into MoBay. It is a gorgeous beach but all they had were these horribly uncomfortable deck chairs. That is why I was asking if they had loungers at Red Stripe. But other than the chairs, Doctor's Cave is great. We plan to go there again Dec 16th when we are on Princess.