Tortolla - Cane Garden Bay

Jodi119

Has anybody taken a taxi to Cane Garden Bay from where Royal Caribbean ports? How long was the ride? How much does it cost? Was it easy to get a taxi for the return trip?

Royal Caribbean offers it as an excursion for $30 but that seems expense for just transportation.

Edited by Jodi119

Has anybody taken a taxi to Cane Garden Bay from where Royal Caribbean ports? How long was the ride? How much does it cost? Was it easy to get a taxi for the return trip?

Royal Caribbean offers it as an excursion for $30 but that seems expense for just transportation.

$8 one way. You may have to wait while they fill up (with people). Maybe 15 minute ride, up 600 feet or so over the spine of the island. Should be easy to get taxi back.

Yes definitely just hop a taxi on your own, $16pp roundtrip if with a taxi filling up, more on your own. There will be 5 - 8 taxis unloading there and they will line up for the return behind Myett's.

For a nice beach experience without that crowd grab a taxi to Brewers Bay, just 1 beach bar and not nearly as crowded, taxi is the same price.

But if you want the more lively/busy experience CGB is the spot.

Yes definitely just hop a taxi on your own, $16pp roundtrip if with a taxi filling up, more on your own. There will be 5 - 8 taxis unloading there and they will line up for the return behind Myett's.

For a nice beach experience without that crowd grab a taxi to Brewers Bay, just 1 beach bar and not nearly as crowded, taxi is the same price.

But if you want the more lively/busy experience CGB is the spot.

Do you know how much it is to rent a chair at Brewer's Bay?

Edited by candydane

I'd tried that checking back to 2012 posts. Also tried trip advisor. Lots of references to Nicole's renting chairs but no amount I could find.

No problem -- we'll find out when we get there :D

I just like to have pre-plan and have an envelope for each port with printed excursion information and the dollars (+ a little extra) that I know we'll need for the day. Then tuck a credit card &/or a few extra dollars in my bag "just in case".

That way I can grab the day's port envelope out of our cabin safe to take onshore and know I'll have the right amount of dollars (in correct change) for the day.